Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226299 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 06:38:48 PM »
Speaking of which, any opinions on 'Elementary'?

Made me want to watch Lucky Number Slevin again. Lucy Liu is charming.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
Dense enough for numerous rewatches.

Absolutely. And with masterful pacing that ensures those rewatches will never stagnate nor slack.

After I figured out what you guys were talking about I decided I need to see it for myself. :)

This makes up for selling jdc on Beyond the Black Rainbow by bashing the ending. (That was also sparked by AAAutin.  ??? )

AAAutin

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
(That was also sparked by AAAutin.  ??? )

What can I say? I'm a firecracker.

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »
The Thick Of It; Episode 4-4

aka The assisted suicide of Nicola Murray. The Litmus pH paper is a deep red, the acid is bubbling over the edge of the cauldron, as Malcolm Tucker, supported by a post-op Oliver, goes on a decapitation jaunt. The beauty of this series is the jack-in-a-box appearance of minor characters; bouncing up to spout some hip textspeak, as if they were pearls of wisdom, and then disappear again. Ambition makes people stupid. I think that's the moral. Or don't f...with the Scots. One or the other. At the end of the episode, Oliver receives a hospital bedside gift; labelled congratulations on your first kill. When he opens it a party balloon floats out with a picture of Nicola and the words "Good Riddance" on it. Lovely.
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 08:39:11 AM »
I haven't been keeping up  after the first episode because, for some reason, Hulu won't let me tell it that my computer is shitty and it won't run HD or really any higher quality video settings they have below HD without constantly freezing or leaving characters's mouths out of sync with the dialogue.

So I'm just waiting for it to end, activate my free week of HuluPlus on the 360, and binge on that and the P4 anime.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
"Nashville" premieres tonight.  I watched the pilot online.  If they follow through on all the plot lines and the good music from the pilot, it'll be a good series to follow.  There are some really nice performances by Britton and her supporting cast too.
Definitely gonna give it a chance solely because of Britton and Powers Boothe.
Assuming Britton says "y'all" with some regularity, I will be tuning in.
Oh, she does.  No shimmy yet, but it's only the first episode.
The premier was predictable around every turn, but also a ton of fun. I'll be back next week.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 08:00:42 AM »
"Nashville" premieres tonight.  I watched the pilot online.  If they follow through on all the plot lines and the good music from the pilot, it'll be a good series to follow.  There are some really nice performances by Britton and her supporting cast too.
Definitely gonna give it a chance solely because of Britton and Powers Boothe.
Assuming Britton says "y'all" with some regularity, I will be tuning in.
Oh, she does.  No shimmy yet, but it's only the first episode.
The premier was predictable around every turn, but also a ton of fun. I'll be back next week.

You can watch the pilot here and lots of other places as well.  Ep 2 is Wed night.
Texan Down Under

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »
I've been watching Freaks and Geeks for the first time. Enjoying it a lot so far, but will probably write something up when I finish it I suppose. Then I'll probably move on to Undeclared. Thanks for the heads up pixote!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:40 AM »
re: Nashville
The last song (especially the Clare Bowen part) was stunning, otherwise meh to both music and Dallas-style plotting. I guess Panettiere is supposed to be bad, but Britton's brand of country music didn't do anything for me either.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »

Cheers: 2.13

!
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love