Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226397 times)

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #380 on: August 25, 2014, 03:30:04 PM »
Oh, that's sad. I loved it all the way through. It's better than True Detective, I think.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #381 on: August 25, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »
Oh, that's sad. I loved it all the way through. It's better than True Detective, I think.

Agreed. It's the best hour-long series I've seen this year.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #382 on: August 25, 2014, 04:04:26 PM »
oh did you guys watch Shitsuren Chocolatier?

jbissell

• Objectively Awesome
  • What's up, hot dog?
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
gross

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2014, 04:23:44 PM »
Hell on Wheels 404

My wife and I are probably the last people watching this show. It was never great and this season might be the weakest, but it's still remarkably watchable. Anton Mount really owns the central character and Colm Meaney is great. I've always loved Christopher Heyerdahl as The Sweded, but as my wife said last night, I really liked the old crazy Swede better than the new crazy Swede. They've killed off most of the interesting female characters and the few remaining are really floundering with bad material this season.

I still watch it. I haven't started the new season yet though. I'm still not that into it so it's kind of an effort to watch it.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2014, 10:46:40 AM »
Penny Dreadful 106

Talk about deja vu. A vampire hunt that plays very much like the hunt in the pilot. Frankenstein's monster unexpectedly kills someone close to the Doctor just like in episode two, and makes the same demand he has every episode since. The cast keeps this show watchable, but it really feels like it spins its wheels an awful lot for an 8-episode season.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #387 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
The Cosmopolitans 101

Whit Stillman on TV! Well, not quite TV, but what counts for TV these days. The Amazon pilot follows a group of American ex-pats in Paris. It's classic Stillman and a lot of fun.

Red Oaks 101

Another Amazon pilot that's mostly successful. It often pulls off the 80's comedy tone and has a cast that seems like they'll really grow into their roles. It's also just fun seeing Paul Reiser in something again.

Penny Dreadful 107

This show is all over the place. Only one episode left so I'm going to finish it, but the storytelling has been extremely lacking and it coasts on a great cast.

The Honourable Woman 101

Now this is off to a really promising start. Establishes a great tone and sense of urgency. Maggie Gyllenhaal really brings it in the lead role. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:30:35 PM by philip918 »

Totoro

« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK (Season 1) is soooooooooooooooo good.

mañana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2014, 10:55:56 PM »
I also finally started watching The Americans. I'm only two episodes in but pretty much loving it. Unlike The Assets (and most espionage thrillers, really), another show I've been watching, this really isn't all that concerned with setting up story lines and goals and more about the players. So far I'm particularly enjoying the relationship between Stan Beeman (the friendly FBI neighbor, played by Noah Emmerich) and Phillip and I also like the different attitudes the spouses have to their job. I may have even been won over by the more subtle elegance of the show's visuals.
Just started season 2. I'm totally in to it.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

love