Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226288 times)

MattDrufke

Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #610 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:10 AM »
It was only 8 episodes, so I smoked through the first season of Garfunkel & Oates on Netflix. Really funny and silly.
@ihatemattdrufke

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #611 on: April 20, 2015, 11:20:22 AM »
Totally. Plus, Riki Lindhome sighting in the episode of Gilmore Girls I watched last night. Apparently she turned up as some bit part a few seasons prior to this (don't remember if I noticed at that point) and they decided enough time had passed to bring her back as an entirely different character. This one apparently gets a few episodes.

MattDrufke

« Reply #612 on: April 21, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »
Binged a lot of Daredevil yesterday (eps. 6-10). Loved Scott Glenn as The Stick (in an episode that made me re-think my utter disdain for superhero backstory). And I thought the dialogue between Matt & Foggy when Foggy finds out that Matt is Daredevil was really fantastic the whole episode through. It turned the Foggy character into a real guy instead of just constant comic relief.
@ihatemattdrufke

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #613 on: April 22, 2015, 06:26:04 AM »
Is Daredevil worth watching? I'm a bit skeptic after the Matt & Allison SVU review of the show.

MattDrufke

« Reply #614 on: April 22, 2015, 07:22:34 AM »
Is Daredevil worth watching? I'm a bit skeptic after the Matt & Allison SVU review of the show.

I know people who think it's the best thing Marvel has put out and people who find it meh, so it's hard to say. I love it, so that's where I stand. I'd say give it 2 episodes to see how it fits you, if for no other reason then the action sequence at the end of episode 2 is must-watch.
@ihatemattdrufke

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #615 on: April 22, 2015, 08:31:46 AM »
I'm in the meh camp, but I agree that the first two episodes makes an excellent sampler to see which way you go.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #616 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Daredevil feels much more like a comic book than most Marvel outings. (I've watched the first five episodes)  The focus in on the violence/fight scenes instead of character development, and the stories are obvious.  The cinematography is great, and the violence is pretty extreme.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that it is boring, like Matt and Alison, but unless there is more character development, I'm going to lose interest.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #617 on: April 22, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »
Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil and it didn't do much for me. Banshee scratches the intense fight scenes and crazy violence itch for me.

Mad Men continues to be stellar. Some viewers seem upset that the show doesn't seem to be barreling toward some big finale, but I've come to just enjoy spending time with these phenomenal characters.

Americans season finale tonight!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #618 on: April 22, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »
Americans season finale tonight!
Eeep!!  Can't wait!

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #619 on: April 22, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »
Mad Men continues to be stellar. Some viewers seem upset that the show doesn't seem to be barreling toward some big finale, but I've come to just enjoy spending time with these phenomenal characters.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have to say my least favorite bits on the show have been the quick season finale wrap ups to answer the "how will the company survive" questions lingering through many of the seasons. I have so much more fun with the journey than the destination when it comes to this show.

The Sally episodes are always my favorite. Hope we get at least one more in these last 4.