love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226341 times)

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #760 on: August 06, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »
Huh.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #761 on: August 06, 2015, 06:19:02 PM »
Did you like the movie?

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #762 on: August 06, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
It was okay.

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #763 on: August 06, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
Humour. Subjective.

Had me in tears.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #764 on: August 07, 2015, 01:53:11 AM »
Bloodline 1.1-1.3

Good, but not compelling or addictive.  Still in the character development phase, and there's a lot of good characterization.  I look forward to continuing the first season, but I'm hoping there will be something more exciting than teasing an event that will certainly happen at the end of the first season, another ten hours away.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #765 on: August 07, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »
It was okay.

Well, here's the TL;DW (Too Long; Didn't Watch) for the series:

Coop: "I had to break up with Donna after Yaron tried to make us have a threesome. And then Tigerclaw showed up because Andy stole Katie away from Blake, and they tried to destroy the camp. And then, well, right after that President Reagan and the U.S. military also tried to destroy the camp. But that was after they also shot Eric, the hermit who lived at camp and turned out to be a musical legend. And then that new counselor Lindsay? Well, she saved us all because she was secretly a rock-magazine journalist. And then Gail blew off Jonas at their wedding, and his name is actually Gene and he fought in Vietnam, and Gene also got beaten up by an assassin named the Falcon, who tried to kill Beth and did kill Greg and this guy Jim Stansel. But then he turned out to be good the whole time — which I acknowledge doesn’t really make any sense — but he was only here to protect Mitch, who was turned into a can of vegetables. And then also Ben and McKinley are dating, Susie hooked up with Claude, Neil got laid, Victor didn’t get laid, and Abby had her period. So, it was a hard day."

Show just got better and better as it went.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #766 on: August 07, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »
I didn't hold up Arrested Development as highly as some (most), but I really didn't like the Netflix thing. Maybe I'm being too biased, but I had just heard a lot of the same stuff about all these people being so much bigger stars now, and how some people had to just come in and work for 2 days or something. While I think the original movie is just all right, I just haven't been very interested in watching this new series at all.

Perhaps with the upcoming Fuller House, considering everyone's star power except maybe Stamos' has shrunk, we will get something truly amazing.  ;)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #767 on: August 07, 2015, 04:05:50 PM »
Yeah, the Netflix season of AD was pretty not good.

Totoro

« Reply #768 on: August 11, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
Bojack Horseman is masterful. The best show on TV. First season takes a few episodes to get into, but after episode 4 or so, you will most likely be hooked. The character writing in Season 2 is the best since Breaking Bad or Community and the satire on Hollywood is the most biting since Sunset Blvd.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #769 on: August 11, 2015, 06:40:48 PM »
Naomi Watts cameo in S1 is my favorite thing the show has done.

love