love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226497 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #860 on: November 11, 2015, 08:47:58 PM »
The Muppets S01E07
"I don't like those new-age places. They tell you to relax, and then they stick you outside with a million squirrels who won't mind their own damn business." - Rowlf

That's just one of the gems from this episode, which may be the funniest episode of the series to date. However, I have very mixed feelings about the bittersweet ending. Not while watching it. In the moment I was full of feeling, but afterwards I wondered if this was a sign of the behind-the-scenes drama. If the show was grabbing at any trick for audience approval.

Also, Uncle Deadly is rivaling Bobo the Bear for dependable laughs.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #861 on: November 12, 2015, 11:37:00 PM »
Third episode of Master of None just nailed it. After all his work on the book, the relationships stuff feels just more on point. His character is marginal enough as an actor that I can see him facing these same struggles that I see.

Jeff Schroeck

« Reply #862 on: November 13, 2015, 06:43:09 AM »
The first episode is so deceptive. It feels like they were trying to court the Curb/Louie crowd by putting the most contrived awkward scenario up front. The rest of the series is not like that at all.

jswysin

« Reply #863 on: November 17, 2015, 05:07:49 PM »
There's just too much good tv, I'm finding less and less time to watch movies.  Still haven't finished season 1 of Jane the Virgin and now there's a new Bob and David sketch show.  Come on!

The Leftovers season 1- Took a little to get in to but once Nora becomes more prominent I was hooked.  And season 2 has been even better. 

Master of None season 1- Aziz was one of my least favorite on Parks and his standup has underwhelmed (especially his Madison Square Garden special from this year) but this show is pretty special, even if it's a bit inconsistent.  It's unfortunate the show begins with what I find to be the least successful episode, because there are a lot of standouts down the line.  I wish it were a bit funnier but episode 9, titled "Mornings", is one of the best episodes from anything this year. 

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
« Reply #864 on: November 17, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
Third episode of Master of None just nailed it. After all his work on the book, the relationships stuff feels just more on point. His character is marginal enough as an actor that I can see him facing these same struggles that I see.

For me that was the weakest episode and somewhat formulaic.

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
« Reply #865 on: November 17, 2015, 05:25:15 PM »
Master of None 102-103

Like the subject matter the show is covering, but I'm still finding most scenes and many of the performances to feel really stilted.

Same here,  the acting was a little off in the stereotype episode and I'm not sure if it was on purpose or not, but his agent was a little bit of a stereotype herself.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #866 on: November 18, 2015, 11:19:16 AM »
Really liked the Netflix-original John Mulaney stand-up special "The Comeback Kid." Sometimes forget how nice it is when people are funny by being genuinely charming and relatable rather than trying to be edgy or shocking.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #867 on: November 18, 2015, 11:27:34 AM »
Word. I've always liked him but this was really great. Last story was hilarious.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #868 on: November 18, 2015, 11:36:56 AM »
The Dick Cavett Show 307
An outstanding interview with Altman, Bogdonovich, Capra, and an absolutely hilarious Mel Brooks. Funny to see them having the same debate (is Hollywood dying?) 40 years ago.

The Dick Cavett Show 213
Robin Williams electrifies a special two-part interview. Just amazing to watch.

Fargo 206
Better and better. If it keeps this up it will go down as one of my all-time favorite seasons of television.

Manhattan 206
The subject matter is so compelling and the actors are so good it remains a solid viewing experience, but this season's episode feel incredibly disjointed. Stakes established in a previous episode are completely swept aside in the next. It's pretty sloppy.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #869 on: November 18, 2015, 02:37:37 PM »
Really liked the Netflix-original John Mulaney stand-up special "The Comeback Kid." Sometimes forget how nice it is when people are funny by being genuinely charming and relatable rather than trying to be edgy or shocking.

It was top-notch. Mulaney always delivers the goods (although I have yet to see his sitcom, but from what I hear it wasn't good)