love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226405 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2015, 10:07:55 PM »
Season 2, I liked S1 fairly well, but was probably not as enthusiastic as some...probably for the same reason as I'm a bit off here. Kinda just want to spend all my time with Gaby Hoffman.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2015, 10:23:54 PM »
Season 2, I liked S1 fairly well, but was probably not as enthusiastic as some...probably for the same reason as I'm a bit off here. Kinda just want to spend all my time with Gaby Hoffman.

That's funny. She might be my least favorite character. At least in certain ways.

MattDrufke

« Reply #942 on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:39 AM »
What were our thoughts on the Fargo finale?

I liked it, but didn't love it. Not the best end to this season, which has been crazy filled with incredible moments. In a lot of ways, to tie it in with the Coens, it kind of reminded me of the ending of No Country For Old Men, a slower, more introspective ending after a roller coaster of action.
@ihatemattdrufke

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #943 on: December 15, 2015, 11:03:44 AM »
I really liked it, although I'd be lying if part of me felt it was a little anti-climactic after the last episode. But, there's a lot that's stuck with me, and that I'm sure I'll be thinking about for awhile. I mean, the opening voice-over, Betsy's dream, Lou's phone call, Hank's symbols, Peggy's crying. Great stuff.

Also, this: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/how-the-fargo-finale-revealed-a-hidden-secret-from-season-1

MattDrufke

« Reply #944 on: December 15, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
That's friggin' awesome. I assumed that with all of the surgery, Hanzee was going to become Billy Bob Thorton- they both seemed to have the same demeanor of just a pure force of destructive nature.
@ihatemattdrufke

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #945 on: December 15, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »
That's friggin' awesome. I assumed that with all of the surgery, Hanzee was going to become Billy Bob Thorton- they both seemed to have the same demeanor of just a pure force of destructive nature.

Hanzee wasn't much of a talker though. Loved the "friend-o" line.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #946 on: December 18, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »
Finished S2 of Transparent. Probably a step down from S1 for me and I can't quite love the show like I want to compared to some of the other things I've seen recently. Favorite episode was probably ep. 9 at the wimmin's retreat. Captures the fractured nature of feminism pretty well.

One thing that confuses me is the whole subplot that takes place in Germany at the rise of the Nazi party. Not sure how it relates to the main story...and "Young Rose" is played by the same person who plays Ali as a tween. Also, I'm not sure who Rose is.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #947 on: December 18, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »
Finished S2 of Transparent. Probably a step down from S1 for me and I can't quite love the show like I want to compared to some of the other things I've seen recently. Favorite episode was probably ep. 9 at the wimmin's retreat. Captures the fractured nature of feminism pretty well.

One thing that confuses me is the whole subplot that takes place in Germany at the rise of the Nazi party. Not sure how it relates to the main story...and "Young Rose" is played by the same person who plays Ali as a tween. Also, I'm not sure who Rose is.

Young Rose is Maura's mother. The woman he'd been afraid to speak to for three years, and we find out that she had a beloved brother who was trans, but now can't communicate that history to Maura. It's her "holocaust ring" that has been passed down through the family - the ring given to her by her trans brother (I should say sister, but, to be clear), the one Josh gives Raquel - and ends up being worn on a chain by Ali, much like Young Rose wore it.

This is a good read: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/transparent-creator-streaming-shows-are-inventing-a-new-art-form

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #948 on: December 20, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
This season of South Park has been great.

It's been pretty remarkable that they can be so on the money after 19 seasons.  I liked how all the episodes connected into one story.  I still watch this show because my husband watches it, and it had been hit and miss for a long time, but they did something pretty great this season.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #949 on: December 20, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »
More Ads;)  I haven't really kept up with SP over the years but have been watching this one on Hulu and should probably go back and watch some of the previous seasons.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

love