love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226542 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #1090 on: April 10, 2016, 11:59:07 PM »
Watched Catastrophe S2. Was not expecting the time jump to start it. It was a bit more hard-edged than the first season (which is kind of saying something), not quite as fun. Still good.

Verite

• Elite Member
  • Maybach School of Film Studies
« Reply #1091 on: April 12, 2016, 04:54:54 PM »
Better Call Saul season 2 episode 9
Stellar episode.  I've been enjoying the development of the brothers McGill.  Not even considering what we know of Jimmy via Breaking Bad, I felt an almost-The-Sopranos/Mad-Men-level of density (not season 3+ level but seasons 1 to 2 type) being constructed and displayed for Jimmy.  Wasn't psyched for the Better Call Saul series premier but this is now must-see tv for me.  Michael McKean, man.  Michael F*ckin' McKean.

Billions season 1
Maggie F*ckin' Siff!  Not top-tier tv but damnit I looked forward to watching a new ep every Sunday.  Wish it had some genes of The Wire in dramatizing political/chain-of-command games and institutional corruption but the story of someone on the side of the law trying to take down a criminal doing anything to accomplish that is something that if it's done good enough, I'm there.  Malin Akerman is lol horrible.  Good thing she doesn't have that much screen time.  I'm tired of Damian Lewis but he does bring the goods most of the time.  He walks funny.  Made funnier by his tight jeans.  Giamatti is very good but I wish someone else was playing Chuck Rhoades.
"When in doubt, seduce."
                   -Elaine May

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #1092 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »
Watched Catastrophe S2. Was not expecting the time jump to start it. It was a bit more hard-edged than the first season (which is kind of saying something), not quite as fun. Still good.

I really loved the time jump and thought that first episode was especially great. Rest of the season was good. One of the few shows that never fails to get at least one really big laugh out of me every time.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1093 on: April 12, 2016, 09:10:58 PM »
Started watching the first episode of the new Andrew Dice Clay TV show (Dice), did not finish it and I will not be trying again.

Still enjoying Lucifer, Blindspot, Gotham and other shows.

Found Highlander: The Raven a 1998 single season show which is very cheesy, but I will work my way through its 22 episodes. I was amazed to see a cop smoking at her desk in the first episode, I would have thought smoking inside an office was banned by then.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1094 on: April 12, 2016, 09:12:53 PM »
Oh I forgot to mention. Watched season 3 of Jack Irish (starring Guy Pearce). Very good, although the final episode was weak, the story wrap up was a little rushed. Still 6 very good episodes of TV.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #1095 on: April 12, 2016, 09:30:24 PM »
You're the Worst speaks to me on a spiritual level.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1096 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:47 AM »
Just watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 of The Katering Show. Episode 2 was sooooooooo funny, my face hurt. If you can access ABC iView (likely to be geoblocked to Australia) I highly recommend the show, beware there is lots of swearing. Each episode is only 9 -11 minutes long.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #1097 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
Just watched the first 4 episodes of season 2 of The Katering Show. Episode 2 was sooooooooo funny, my face hurt. If you can access ABC iView (likely to be geoblocked to Australia) I highly recommend the show, beware there is lots of swearing. Each episode is only 9 -11 minutes long.

Ooh, there's a season 2 now? Yay! Loved season 1.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #1098 on: April 15, 2016, 10:14:40 AM »
Better Call Saul season 2 episode 9
Stellar episode.  I've been enjoying the development of the brothers McGill.  Not even considering what we know of Jimmy via Breaking Bad, I felt an almost-The-Sopranos/Mad-Men-level of density (not season 3+ level but seasons 1 to 2 type) being constructed and displayed for Jimmy.  Wasn't psyched for the Better Call Saul series premier but this is now must-see tv for me.  Michael McKean, man.  Michael F*ckin' McKean.

Completely agree. One of the best episodes of the series. Not sure if it or the Mike episode from S1 is my favorite. Very well written and acted with the Kim/Jimmy/Chuck scene being a standout.

With Walter White I was always wondering if we were watching him change or if he was just revealing his true self. With Jimmy/Saul I'm feeling that we are just seeing what he was all along- a bad guy. And it's so tragic to watch. At the end, I remember I was thinking to myself "cross the ****ing street!!!" And then it sort of settled in that he very well might not. I was stunned.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1099 on: April 15, 2016, 05:18:26 PM »

Ooh, there's a season 2 now? Yay! Loved season 1.

Someone else who has watched this :).