Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226301 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #1660 on: August 24, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
This image is pure Lynch.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #1661 on: August 25, 2017, 05:42:48 AM »
Anyone know how much one should ideally know about Iron fist before watching The Defenders? I have no intention on watching the former.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #1662 on: August 25, 2017, 06:02:10 AM »
Anyone know how much one should ideally know about Iron fist before watching The Defenders? I have no intention on watching the former.

Same question but with Luke Cage.

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #1663 on: August 25, 2017, 06:51:33 AM »
Wanna share notes?

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #1664 on: August 25, 2017, 09:27:22 AM »
I watched half of Luke Cage and zero Iron First AMD I'm having no problems following The Defenders. Enjoying it is another question.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #1665 on: August 25, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »

Same question but with Luke Cage.

I'll try to sum it up (insert nerdy glasses emoji).

Luke Cage- (Assuming you've seen Jessica Jones) The series reveals that Luke Cage was a former cop who was framed for a crime (the specifics of which are not yet revealed) and was experimented on in prison and got unbreakable skin. He was again framed for murder and winded up in jail, but his current girlfriend Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson) gets him a good lawyer *wink**wink* and when we see him at the beginning of Defenders he is being released. He worked with a detective named Misty Knight (who appears in Defenders) and you'll hear Luke mention some of the foes he faced in season 1 (Mariah, Diamondback, Shades) as well the loss of a guy named Pop who was killed in the crossfire (Luke worked at Pop's barbershop after the bar he owned in the Jessica Jones series was detroyed).

Iron Fist- Heir to the fortune of Rand Enterprises, Danny Rand returned to New York after being believed to be dead in a plane crash that killed his parents when they were in Asia. Turns out they were killed by the Hand (ninja organization from Daredevil's series) who wanted to use Rand Enterprises for whatever they are planning in New York, and specifically Madame Gao (from Daredevil) was behind it all. Surving the crash, Danny was found by a group of monks from a mystical city called K'un Lun who trained him to be the Iron Fist which basically is a karate master with a glowing and very powerful fist (he achieves it after traveling into a cave to face a dragon called Shao Lao). During his return to New York, Danny reclaimed his company (with the eventual help of siblings Joy and Ward Meachum whose family co-owned the company with the Rands) and met Claire Temple as well as Colleen Wing (who appears in Defenders). She runs a local dojo and it turns out her teacher was a guy named Bakuto (also appears in Defenders) who works for the Hand. Colleen and Danny decided to return to K'un Lun to learn more about well... everything, but it turns out the city has magically vanished.

I think I saved you guys 26 hours. But a lot of this is either alluded to or explained. There's a few articles/videos that try to sum it up if you search "what to know before watching Defenders" that might explain more.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:02:42 AM by StudentOFilm »
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #1666 on: August 25, 2017, 01:26:41 PM »
Also, you pretty much can fast forward through The Defenders whenever Jessica Jones is not wisecracking (Should save another 6-7 hours or so).

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #1667 on: August 25, 2017, 01:57:21 PM »
You make it sound like there is very little conflict in Iron Rand. Does he not fight against the Hand?

Pratters

• Indian Cinephile who loves World Cinema
    • My Blog
« Reply #1668 on: August 25, 2017, 06:57:00 PM »
Through seven episodes of I'm Dying Up Here. What a great sure. Not sure why it didn't get more critical acclaim.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1669 on: August 26, 2017, 06:59:37 AM »
Caught the first two episodes of Atlanta on the plane. It's as wonderful as I had heard. The cute gal sitting next to me started watching it too (once she woke up, it was a red eye). Probably should have talked to her about it.