love

Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226317 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2210 on: August 02, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »
I can kind of see that, he definitely looks more stretched out than a modern Hader, when I first saw him it definitely hit the Hader in my brain, but I also see a stretched out Shannon.

Didn't realize that Dear White People came back today too, but I'll dive in to that at some point this weekend.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2211 on: August 02, 2019, 11:00:33 PM »
He's Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan's son! Kids of fame-os are having a good summer on streaming platforms.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2212 on: August 06, 2019, 11:42:57 AM »
Been working my way thought Gilmore Girls and this show is a delight. About a fourth of my way through the fourth season and I'm loving the dialogue, eccentric characters and the plethora of solid movie and music references.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2213 on: August 06, 2019, 08:24:04 PM »
Euphoria season one is finished, and it's maybe not great, but also probably the best thing on television.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #2214 on: August 06, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
Been working my way thought Gilmore Girls and this show is a delight. About a fourth of my way through the fourth season and I'm loving the dialogue, eccentric characters and the plethora of solid movie and music references.

One of my all-time favorites.  The Netflix follow-up was disappointing, and the show in general was hard to bear whenever the two main "Girls" weren't on speaking terms, sometimes for many episodes.  Still, so wonderful.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #2215 on: August 08, 2019, 12:07:25 AM »

I <3 Gilmore Girls. :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 09:04:59 PM by Sandy »

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2216 on: August 08, 2019, 12:27:23 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2217 on: August 13, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »
Neon Genesis: Evangelion

Hadn't seen this since I was in high school and even then I'm pretty sure I only caught about half the episodes. This holds up incredibly well. The physical and psychological intensity is really remarkable. The music is fantastic, featuring one of the all-time great opening titles sequences, and the editing is really good. There are a lot of great comedic cuts throughout the early half of the series. The Eva fights are really well done. The variety of scenarios and Angels keep things interesting as well as the group dynamics of the three young pilots. The last few episodes are a real trip. They basically play like deprogramming for Incels. The message still resonates, maybe even more, today.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2218 on: August 17, 2019, 06:12:06 PM »
Neon Genesis: Evangelion is on my list to watch.  Good to know it holds up.

Rewatched The Good Place, seasons 1 and 2

Season one of The Good Place is one of the great TV seasons of all time.  There is a lot of good thought, careful plotting, good character development and one of the best topsy-turvy ends of all time.  Every actor hits it out of the park, every episode (I think) has a loud guffaw laugh in it.  I love how the characters develop to such a degree that the early irritation with them all (except for Ted Danson) turns into a good friendship with them all (except Ted Danson). 

The second season is a good follow up, with more thought than solid moving toward goals.  I still love it, but if I could just watch the first season over and over again, I'd be happy with that.

I'm looking forward to Netflix' inclusion of the third season. I'm looking forward to that.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #2219 on: August 17, 2019, 09:52:19 PM »
I think The Good Place is the next series Mrs. 1SO and I will watch, after completing Veep.