Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226285 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2500 on: January 15, 2021, 08:12:02 PM »
Liked the first two episodes, though not surprising in the sense that they are the two best supporting characters in the films (and the best characters that are not Thor), but more pumped about Ellie O. Perennially overlooked, but good to see her get more to do in the role and in general.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2501 on: January 20, 2021, 03:17:12 PM »
I've never been able to watch a full episode of Seinfeld. The epitome of boring sitcom structure to me. Completely pointless.
I did finally watch some Seinfeld a few months back and my gut reaction was correct. I just found it pointless. Often funny, but pointless.

I've finally settled into what I think will be my next show: The Mentalist. My dad was watching some early episodes and I caught some scenes and then I heard some people talk about it on a podcast and how it's surprisingly good and upends some of the police procedural tropes.

I'm enjoying it a lot and like that the main character is at times an insufferable know-it-all but never completely unlikable. I think most shows try to make the main character too likable but I think the way this show treats Patrick Jane is likely how I'd feel about him in real life.

Beyond that I've got The Unicorn and WandaVision to check out every week and then I'll watch season 5 of The Expanse when it's all out.

And I do want to get back into The Simpsons this year.

I've also whipped up a shortlist of sci fi shows I want to watch given time and opportunity but now that I've picked up reading again I'm spending less time in front of screens.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2502 on: January 20, 2021, 05:21:19 PM »
I've never been able to watch a full episode of Seinfeld. The epitome of boring sitcom structure to me. Completely pointless.
I did finally watch some Seinfeld a few months back and my gut reaction was correct. I just found it pointless. Often funny, but pointless.

It's a show about nothing!

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2503 on: January 20, 2021, 05:50:19 PM »
Its a show about a group of friends, not nothing.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2504 on: January 20, 2021, 06:08:53 PM »
Seinfeld is pretty cool, but Curb is significantly better.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2505 on: January 20, 2021, 06:28:24 PM »
Seinfeld said the show was about nothing. There's even a scene about it in the show.

Seinfeld is pretty cool, but Curb is significantly better.
Curb looks even more like it's about nothing. Hard pass.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #2506 on: January 20, 2021, 07:44:48 PM »
Seinfeld said the show was about nothing. There's even a scene about it in the show.

Just because he said so does not make it so. It has been a long time gripe of mine.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2507 on: January 20, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »
Serious business, sitcoms.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2508 on: January 20, 2021, 09:48:43 PM »
[I've finally settled into what I think will be my next show: The Mentalist. My dad was watching some early episodes and I caught some scenes and then I heard some people talk about it on a podcast and how it's surprisingly good and upends some of the police procedural tropes.

I'm re-watching this with the wife. It's a fun show. Simon Baker is very charismatic.

I'm also 5 seasons into a re-watch of The Shield. I'm loving it. It holds up. I'm very annoyed to see it leaving Prime Aus in 10 days though.  >:(

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2509 on: January 23, 2021, 09:10:02 AM »
Just finished Season 2 of His Dark Materials...there are certain broad aspects of the story I remember from reading the series some 15 years ago, but I've forgotten enough that I am caught by surprise at times, and the season finale was certainly a brutal one, and coming after only seven episodes, a relatively abrupt one. I suppose I am enjoying the series, but a lot of that is just carryover affection for the books.