Author Topic: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched  (Read 226499 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Review the Last TV Episode/Season/Series You Watched
« Reply #2520 on: February 13, 2021, 08:49:07 AM »
I agree that keeping these seasons short is the right move. I watched Agents of Shield for a bit and it's commitment to being standard primetime TV made for a lot of dead weight.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2521 on: February 17, 2021, 08:55:51 PM »
I’ve started watching Cheers. Not sure if I ever watched a full episode previously. I wouldn’t call it great by any means but it definitely represents that kind of positive, supportive community vibe I tend to like. I mean, a place where everyone knows your name, and they’re always glad you came.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2522 on: February 17, 2021, 09:27:59 PM »
I’ve started watching Cheers. Not sure if I ever watched a full episode previously. I wouldn’t call it great by any means but it definitely represents that kind of positive, supportive community vibe I tend to like. I mean, a place where everyone knows your name, and they’re always glad you came.

My parents had it on when I was little, I grew to like it, and eventually watched it late nights in college (after the library, after a party, it was after something either good or necessary or both). I think it was a warm-blanket kind of thing that just kept it going. Interesting what you'll make of it going forward. Are you watching it season-by-season, chronologically?

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2523 on: February 18, 2021, 05:36:46 AM »
So far yeah, just starting at episode one and moving in order. Through about seven. Waiting for Woody and Frasier to show up.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2524 on: February 18, 2021, 04:01:36 PM »
Oh yeah, it's way different earlier. I think that's when Diana is more involved/involved at all. Could be wrong, it's been a while, but I haven't seen any early Cheers in a long, long time. Even the Nick-at-Night episodes were almost always with Woody and Frasier. Frasier is probably my least favorite of the bunch, though.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2525 on: February 18, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
Yeah, Diane is a lot. Forgot they switch over to Kirstie Alley later. Gonna be harder to watch that knowing she's a train wreck now.

Edit: Both Sam and Coach are terrible at pouring beer. Also, the show is surprisingly filthy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:04:38 PM by Bondo »

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2526 on: February 22, 2021, 08:59:14 AM »
I watched the first episode of Allen v. Farrow and even though a lot of the allegations against Allen have been previously expressed, I wonder if this moves the needle at all toward a fuller ostracizing of Allen beyond what has already happened. As presented here it is even more harrowing/damning of Allen. At this point Kirby Dick and Amy Ziering are basically the official documentarians of MeToo, having focused on the issue of rape/sexual assault in the military and on campus before focusing on the entertainment industry more recently, and they are very skilled at relating these stories with sensitivity but for impact.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2527 on: February 22, 2021, 08:01:22 PM »
Yeah, Diane is a lot. Forgot they switch over to Kirstie Alley later. Gonna be harder to watch that knowing she's a train wreck now.

Edit: Both Sam and Coach are terrible at pouring beer. Also, the show is surprisingly filthy.

Didn't see that last part, LMAO.

When will we get one of these at a dispensary? Like, I know you don't stay and partake at a dispensary, but maybe a show that revolves around a band of buddies that work at a dispensary? Maybe they hangout with their regulars after their shifts?

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2528 on: February 22, 2021, 09:08:13 PM »
High Maintenance kind of does that, though a dispensary workplace comedy could probably be fun.

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2529 on: March 04, 2021, 09:13:14 PM »
Debris on NBC has the makings of another Fringe level show (I was a huge fan of Fringe and often revisit it) - mythology building + the case of the week - I'm willing to overlook the fact that its a major network show and get excited over alien artifacts and a shadowy conspiracy that is already apparent after the first episode.
Hey, nice marmot!

love