Author Topic: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon  (Read 13094 times)

IdeaThy12

• I made the image I'm using for myprofile alsois oc
    • The Fiction Hub~
Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
I'm going to try this again...life is short, this marathon is shorter then it would seem, there's only at least 14 at most 15 Pokemon movies. :P
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

~Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
But you gotta catch 'em all. :)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »
Yes! Go Pokemon! Will probs buy White Version 2 next weekend since I think I have SSX and 2K12 that GS will give an extra 30% base on if I use it toward reserving/buying it, meaning I only would need like $7 or $8 of the store credit I have to pay off the rest. Also already have Black, so should be interesting to play the new White or whatever.

I will read these reviews!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 02:07:34 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
Well then all, here's the first movie review:

Pokemon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back

The first few shows (or just the first one) all lead up to this movie. A group of doctors are trying to make a clone of Mew, a legendary Pokemon, but the finished Pokemon, Mewtwo, is too strong, and proves to hate humans. The lab gets destroyed. And he, after a long year or two, becomes the most powerful Psychic Pokemon.
Elsewhere, with Ash, Pikachu, Misty, and Brock, they're continuing their adventures, not expecting to get mixed up in ANOTHER mess. Soon, after a Pokemon battle between Ash and some guy, Ash gets an invite to a party by the world's greatest Pokemon Master. They go to a Pokemon Center intending to board a boat there, but a storm starts. And every Pokemon trainer must stay at the Pokemon Center. But some remain determined to heading there, and use their Pokemon to get there, among them, of course, is Ash. In the storm, they almost get drowned. But they end up at the Eye of the storm. At a castle-like building. And when they arrive, there is a woman there. She leads them into the building, the other three trainers that made it were there. The greatest Pokemon Master, turns out to be Mewtwo though! A Pokemon can't be a Pokemon Master according to all of the six trainers that managed to make it. But he can, and is.

His three "original" Pokemon, the standard starters, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander, having "evolved" into a Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard. But then he steals all the Pokemon, to make an Army! His plan: To destroy the humans! It's up to our heroes to stop him! But first can they stop the war between the copies and the actual Pokemon? Mew and Mewtwo?

And this boy, Ash Ketchum, jumps in between these two warring Pokemon, after Ash is turned to stone by Mew and Mewtwo's battle. It has made all of the Pokemon, even the copies, sad. Pokemon tears save the day.

My rating is 4/5. Mainly because doing my review made me a bit interested in seeing it again myself. But I've memorized it. :)
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:08:30 PM »
Yes! Go Pokemon! Will probs buy White Version 2 next weekend since I think I have SSX and 2K12 that GS will give an extra 30% base on if I use it toward reserving/buying it, meaning I only would need like $7 or $8 of the store credit I have to pay off the rest. Also already have Black, so should be interesting to play the new White or whatever.

I will read these reviews!

Basically you are continuing your previous adventure in Black/White depending on what version you've got, and you own Black??? Me too! I'm totally in love with the Dreamworld, I've gotten some pretty sweet Pokemon from there!! Thanks for reading the reviews FLY!

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 03:46:55 PM »
Ideathy! My one and only Pokemon movie I've seen--you brought it all back to me. Can't wait to learn about the others. :)
"Don't be shy. You learn to fly and see the sun when day is done. If only you see."

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
I own this film on VHS somewhere, I believe. Did you watch the short before it? I think Pikachu and the others went to a Pokemon resort or something. If I recall correctly it was the first time that Snubbull and Marill were shown (before this everyone just called Marill Pikablue, I think). Feel like Phanphy too, but I could be wrong about that one.

Think I've only seen the first three Pokemon movies and then parts of a few others, so I look forward to reading more of these reviews!

Basically you are continuing your previous adventure in Black/White depending on what version you've got, and you own Black??? Me too! I'm totally in love with the Dreamworld, I've gotten some pretty sweet Pokemon from there!! Thanks for reading the reviews FLY!

Yeah, from what I understand it takes place 2 years after the first games, has some new Gym leaders, and older Pokemon mixed in with the new ones. I have Pokemon Black, but I'm getting White 2 for something different. I hope the story in each of the first games wasn't too different (though I will probably just check on Wikipedia or something to make sure. In the past games it seemed like the stories were the same just a few names change) so I won't be lost, but it should probably be okay. It would be interesting if I got Black 2, I reckon, so I would know exactly what changed and could compare the two games exactly, but I ought to be okay. Reserved it and got Keldo on Pokemon Black today and will probably get White 2 on Sunday.

I never tried the Dreamworld. I don't think it was working all that well around launch and didn't try it all that much later. Hoping to mess around with it a bit more in White 2 if it's back though, along with whatever that 3DS app is that lets me try and find Pokemon in my house or something. Haven't really gotten much use out of my 3DS XL yet, so hopefully getting a new DS game will let me use it for more than just Pushmo.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
I own this film on VHS somewhere, I believe. Did you watch the short before it? I think Pikachu and the others went to a Pokemon resort or something. If I recall correctly it was the first time that Snubbull and Marill were shown (before this everyone just called Marill Pikablue, I think). Feel like Phanphy too, but I could be wrong about that one.

Think I've only seen the first three Pokemon movies and then parts of a few others, so I look forward to reading more of these reviews!

Yeah, from what I understand it takes place 2 years after the first games, has some new Gym leaders, and older Pokemon mixed in with the new ones. I have Pokemon Black, but I'm getting White 2 for something different. I hope the story in each of the first games wasn't too different (though I will probably just check on Wikipedia or something to make sure. In the past games it seemed like the stories were the same just a few names change) so I won't be lost, but it should probably be okay. It would be interesting if I got Black 2, I reckon, so I would know exactly what changed and could compare the two games exactly, but I ought to be okay. Reserved it and got Keldo on Pokemon Black today and will probably get White 2 on Sunday.

I never tried the Dreamworld. I don't think it was working all that well around launch and didn't try it all that much later. Hoping to mess around with it a bit more in White 2 if it's back though, along with whatever that 3DS app is that lets me try and find Pokemon in my house or something. Haven't really gotten much use out of my 3DS XL yet, so hopefully getting a new DS game will let me use it for more than just Pushmo.

Actually, you only need a DS - DS Lite for B/W 2 :D  And yes, I've seen Pikachu's Vacation.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
I'll probably split time between my DS Lite and 3DS for White 2. Probably depends which one isn't out of battery power.

love