love

Author Topic: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon  (Read 18284 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 06:39:44 PM »
All this Pokemon talk-- it reminds me of all the conversations in my house before Minecraft

Great job, Ideathy!  The First Movie is almost my favorite... except for MewTwo's constant monologues.  He should be a Shakespearean actor... so long... and whiny...

But I loved the end of the film especially.  How it emphasizes that Pokemon is about companionship, not slavery.  I wish all sports films could be like that-- up the stakes to beyond the sport and de-emphasize competition as the purpose of sport.  It's pretty cool.

Still not my favorite Pokemon film.  Ideathy knows which one that is.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

IdeaThy12

• I made the image I'm using for myprofile alsois oc
    • The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
Was it Heroes or 2000? Speaking of 2000, that's my next review, I'm doing it over the weekend! So, stay with this marathon!
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

~Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 09:49:31 AM »
Mewtwo Strikes Back was great. Almost cried when Ash got turned into stone.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
Mewtwo Strikes Back was great. Almost cried when Ash got turned into stone.

I'm sure I did.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:23:19 PM »
My second review!!! Here it is~~~

Pokemon 2000: The Power of One

"Disturb not the harmony of fire, ice, and lightning
Lest these titans wreak destruction on the world in which they clash
Though the Beast of the Sea shall arise to quell the fighting, alone it's song shall fail
Lest the world shall turn to Ash
O Chosen one, into thine hands bring together all three
Their treasures combined tame the Beast of the Sea
From the trio of islands, ancient spheres you shall take
For between life and death, all the difference you shall make
Climb to the shrine to right what is wrong
And the world shall be healed by the Guardian's song."
This is straight from the movie, it's the prophecy.

But, Lawrence III--A Pokemon Collector--doesn't listen to the warning. He begins collecting the three legendary Pokemon, Moltres, Zapdos, and Articuno, in order to get Lugia, the Beast of the Sea. Meanwhile, our heroes are continuing on their journey through the Orange Islands, they get stuck in a huge storm, and end up on Shamouti Island, and the people of Shamouti are holding their annual festival honoring the Chosen One, Melody, the festival maiden that year, chooses Ash as that year's Chosen One, little did they know, he actually was, naturally, Ash always gets the worst of it.

As soon as he heard the prophecy, he got all hyped up to do what it said, like Ash, Melody said that it was a night for fun. Ash basically said "Heck with fun!" after the storm got worse and went on a boat

(her boat)

and did what the prophecy said. And when he touched one sphere, the sphere's power was awakened, and he has to put it in the Shrine on Shamouti. As soon as all three were back, the Guardian's Song shall heal the Earth! But, there's more to it then that, this is also the first movie Team Rocket are good guys!!! Gotta love those three!
Also Melody keeps calling Misty Ash's girlfriend, I love this movie, it's hilarious, in fact, quoting Ash's precise words "I wish my mom had named me Bob instead of Ash right now". There's also Slowking, SLOWKING = AWESOMEZZZ!!!

My total rating is 4.5/5 Stars, again my review made me wanna re-watch the movie, I just watched the movie!!!
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
Actually, your review makes me want to watch it again as well.  So many fun moments.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »
Great write up Ideathy! Happy to see Team Rocket redemption, even if only for a little while.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:39 AM »
Another film I own on VHS. This is one I wasn't not big on when I saw it in the theaters, but perhaps I owe it another rewatch because I do remember liking it more when I watched it at home. Though maybe I just didn't like it because when it came out I knew I was going to be getting Gold and my brother was getting Silver so I wasn't going to be able to catch Lugia anyway.

One of the things I like about the movies is how the legendary Pokemon are shown. I think one of the upcoming films involves Entei (I think this is the last one I saw in full maybe), so seeing them on screen is pretty cool.

Still don't know why Nintendo gets GameFreak (or some other developer more experienced in that realm) to make a console based Pokemon RPG. It would be hard to populate the world, for sure, but I think games can still get away with random encounters. Perhaps if the WiiU is as powerful as current gen platforms, or if their next console beefs up the power, it would happen. I watched the show before getting Red when it first came out, so I've always wanted to play a Pokemon game that felt more like the show. The first time I ever tried catching a Pokemon in Red, I think it was a Rattata, I KO'd it and didn't know why I couldn't throw a Pokeball to automatically catch it like Ash did on the show  :D That would make it too easy, I guess.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »

One of the things I like about the movies is how the legendary Pokemon are shown. I think one of the upcoming films involves Entei (I think this is the last one I saw in full maybe), so seeing them on screen is pretty cool.

Actually, Entei is in the next movie. So, I'll be doing that review next! And they always show the legendaries that are included in the film. :D

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »
Okay, I know I haven't really been posting, I'm having difficulty--ALREADY--with my 3rd review; so, can we all just hang tight for a little while while I get my head straight and try to figure this out? XD