Author Topic: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon  (Read 18288 times)

IdeaThy12

• I made the image I'm using for myprofile alsois oc
    • The Fiction Hub~
Re: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 06:30:49 PM »
Okay, let's see how I do...

Pokemon the 3rd Movie: Spell of the Unknown

Our introduction is of a little girl named Molly with her father (Professor something...). He's reading out of a book about legendary Pokemon. And the Pokemon he was reading about when we heard, was Entei. The powerful Flame Legendary, with only two others like it. But unfortunately, all good times have to end. The Professor was taken to do research on the Unknown. But, while he's out there, he disappears...
Ash and friends have had a busy week, Ash has already had five battles that week. His Pokemon are tired, except for, of course, Pikachu. They come to the usually beautiful town of Greenfield. But, there's a problem, the beautiful manor at the top of a hill is disastrous! It's been taken hold of by the Unknown. Molly's home is now a crystal castle; her dreamworld.

Professor Oak and Ash's mother arrive on the scene. Professor Oak studying what Molly's father had been doing before he disappeared.
Ash's mother merely worried about Molly, the little girl of her friend.

The dream Entei which Molly believes is her father, takes many things, including Ash's mother. Leaving crystal like footsteps in his wake, he kidnaps Ash's mother to the castle. Ash will not let that happen. But Professor Oak will not let Ash leave to the castle. But, Ash must, he sneaks off to the castle with Brock and Misty. And they find that this castle, is under Molly's thumb.

They fight and fight to the top of the tower, Ash being the only one to make it up to the top at first. Molly doesn't want him there, she wants him gone. Ash fights the Entei, and they eventually win, with their courage and friendship. Molly realizes that being a Pokemon trainer isn't all about defeating others, it's about having fun, and encouraging each other. Ash who had trouble with Charizard, who had temporarily returned, at first, was his best friend now.

But it wasn't all over, they still had the Unknown to deal with. The sneaky Pokemon had locked themselves up, the only way to defeat them, was for Entei to get through with Molly's belief in him. Molly hesitated, but after a long time, she believed, and then, it was only time for her to return to the real-world. To embrace her real-self, and to eventually become her dream-self.

Everyone lost returned, and everyone moved on, to their next adventure...

Overall, I'd give this movie a 4.5/5. I;d recommend it to anyone. :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:51:27 PM by Ideathy »
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

~Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 09:07:08 AM »
I think this is the last Pokemon film that I watched. I know that I ended up seeing it in the theater twice though, so I must assume that I enjoyed it at the time. Again, I like seeing the legendary Pokemon animated, and so rarely were they in the show at the time that the movies were the best way to see them in action.

Reading through I was reminded of certain aspects that I had forgotten about, sort of like how the Unknown were used. I remembered they were in the film, but didn't remember exactly how they worked in to the Entei story.

I'll have to go back and watch these films at some point in time. The legendary dogs were always the worst Pokemon to catch (as were Latios and that other one, I guess. Really any legendary that you had to track down and then would just automatically run anyway after you made one move is pretty infuriating. Even Abra constantly using teleport got me upset), but I think I eventually got all three of them in the original Gold.

I wonder if there's a way I can trade Pokemon from my original Pokemon Red all the way to Black/White 2. I should also start Black 2 now that I'm basically finished the story in White 2, since Black 2 seems to connect with the original Black version.

Also, I should look around for my Pokemon cards. I know that each time I went to the theater they gave out holographic Entei cards, so my guess is I probably still have two or three sealed ones somewhere around here.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
I think this is the last Pokemon film that I watched. I know that I ended up seeing it in the theater twice though, so I must assume that I enjoyed it at the time. Again, I like seeing the legendary Pokemon animated, and so rarely were they in the show at the time that the movies were the best way to see them in action.

Reading through I was reminded of certain aspects that I had forgotten about, sort of like how the Unknown were used. I remembered they were in the film, but didn't remember exactly how they worked in to the Entei story.

I'll have to go back and watch these films at some point in time. The legendary dogs were always the worst Pokemon to catch (as were Latios and that other one, I guess. Really any legendary that you had to track down and then would just automatically run anyway after you made one move is pretty infuriating. Even Abra constantly using teleport got me upset), but I think I eventually got all three of them in the original Gold.

I wonder if there's a way I can trade Pokemon from my original Pokemon Red all the way to Black/White 2. I should also start Black 2 now that I'm basically finished the story in White 2, since Black 2 seems to connect with the original Black version.

Also, I should look around for my Pokemon cards. I know that each time I went to the theater they gave out holographic Entei cards, so my guess is I probably still have two or three sealed ones somewhere around here.

I need B2, but the "other one" you're looking for is Latias. Latios's sister in Heroes, which is the next review I'm doing, sooo...yeah
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 07:41:25 PM »
Here we go again...

Pokemon Heroes

Okay, so, our intro this time is of the bad guys. I forget their names, oh well, names don't matter (well, some do, but not these ones). They are stealing a book, because books are always important. And they almost get caught, so leave a note with only lips on it for the watch-guard. Anyway, the book is apparently important (considering it pretty much gives away what the plot is).

Ash and Misty though, they're minding their own business in a race to do with water Pokemon. And it's so casual, until Totodile goes off course, dragging Ash with him/it. They end up back on course due to some mysterious force, of course, they end up running around on land, but that's besides the point. Misty wins the race and them a tour of the town. They learn of the Guardians Latios and Latias.

I think I remember one of the bad guys names! Annie! Well, they're hanging around in the town looking for the Guardians. And they had no luck until Ash (like the Pokemon magnet he is) attracts Latias' attention. And then they give Annie and the other one quite the chase, which doesn't end well for the bad guys. They end up in a secret garden (which is one of the songs from it! I love that song!).

Eventually though, everything has to go bad, Ashley and whatsherface end up with the soul of Latias and Latios' dad, some pearl or gem or whatsnot. And Latios himself (YES! Latias and Latios have genders!). And they activate the machine that can destroy the peaceful little town. Trap everyone in certain places, and- Oh yeah! The purple haired one's name is Oakley, Annie and Oakley, and then they basically make Ash their enemy. Bad idea.

After a while, Ash makes it there with Latias, and they get to beat up Latios' cage, like...guess what! That's right, pros. Was it Charizard? I forget, I know Latias was involved.  Then everything is bad, once they get Latios out. He has to go save the town. I really should go look up the town's name. And ends up dying because of it, it made me cry.:'( But in the ending credits he's alive again, so everything's good.

My total rating, ouch, it makes it up with my top 5, 5/5 stars everybody! I clearly recommend it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:51:54 PM by IdeaThy12 »

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:14 PM »
This one is my favorite Pokemon movie.  The animation is really cool and the story is well told.  We don't quite have the "Ash is the savior of the world" this time, which is good, because you get tired of it.  I'm sure Ash does as well. 
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »
We don't quite have the "Ash is the savior of the world" this time, which is good, because you get tired of it.  I'm sure Ash does as well.

I'm certain he gets REALLY tired of it after Pokemon 2000: Power of One. I mean c'mon..."And the world shall turn to Ash"? For one, it sounds like someone's saying that the world's gonna end, for two, Ash wishes that April had named him something else.
PS: April is Mrs. Ketchem.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 02:20:32 PM »
Yes, this is the one I most want to watch. I read about it in the paper when it first released, I think its theatrical run was limited and it didn't play near me, but the critic talked it up quite a bit which is especially surprising considering that the Philadelphia Inquirer rarely goes for animated films outside of the critical hive mind.

I almost caught one of these two in White 2, but I really don't know where it went since it just flew across my screen rather than having me encounter it. Who knows. I'll get to it some time perhaps. Maybe not, I started Black 2 so I may just concentrate on that one and just clean up the other one at some point.

Either way, we've basically tapped out the films I've seen. One time on Cartoon Network I caught (unintentional word choice, but a great one, I reckon) a bit of some Pokemon movie with Lucario as a focus I think, but that's about it.

Looking forward to the rest of the reviews either way though!

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »
Either way, we've basically tapped out the films I've seen. One time on Cartoon Network I caught (unintentional word choice, but a great one, I reckon) a bit of some Pokemon movie with Lucario as a focus I think, but that's about it.

That's Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, I think that's the seventh or ninth movie. It's not in the first region. It's more around Pokemon Advanced or Pokemon Advanced Battle. Which includes Ash (of course) Brock, Max, and May. It's in the same region as Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 06:52:04 PM »
I apologize...I forgot to do a review...

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
I apologize...I forgot to do a review...

Well, what are you waiting for?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

love