love

Author Topic: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon  (Read 18286 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: Ideathy's Pokemon Marathon
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 12:09:15 AM »
KattyCat cannot stop thinking about Warriors cats!
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

IdeaThy12

• I made the image I'm using for myprofile alsois oc
    • The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2013, 12:36:09 AM »
I've gotten into a lot of huge projects, that and I'm also having difficulty being able to focus on actually being able to understand the Pokemon movies' plots! What with school, Warrior Cats RPG, and Grand Chase!
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

~Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 07:06:48 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm back with another review!

Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker

Once every thousand years, an astrological wonder appears: The Millennium Comet. But along with the comet comes mystery and danger.

Team Magma, a team of evil-doers who are after Groudon--the legendary Pokemon said to live underground--and they would do anything to get their hands on it. Even hire a scientist.

The said scientist failed once at gaining Team Magma's affection, and then he found a strange, purple rock. It looked slightly like a falling star with jagged edges. And he joins a travelling circus...

Ash, Brock, May, and Max all are heading towards this Travelling Circus's next stop--a large open field where you would be able to see the Millennium Comet clearly. When they arrive, it's empty. Though the Circus sets up in the middle of the night when they can wake up and see. The most amazing thing, though, is how the Great Butler sets up his tent.

The next day, they spend time playing around the amusement park-like circus--until they see flyers for The Great Butler's Magic Show. They immediately decide to go, seeing quite a few magic acts before Max hears a voice. He ends up running onto stage, Ash following. They are forced into a Magic trick and they stay after the show.

Butler and Diane(his assistant) explain about Jirachi--a legendary Pokemon that appears once every thousand years. However, when Jirachi wakes up, it finds itself in the most difficult situation it has ever been in.

Butler was the scientist for Team Magma, and he needed a large energy source in order to create a Groudon. An energy source which Jirachi can get him. As soon as our heroes find out about his sinister plot, they run, Diane came with them to get them to Valincia, Jirachi's home. With only three days left of the Millennium Comet, they use the trailer to get there. On the last day, they arrive at Valincia, a wonderous place full of nature. But, Butler gets there before them.

Butler takes Jirachi and hooks it up to a machine, creating a "Groudon" out of the energy he collected.

This "Groudon" wants to eat one thing: Jirachi. It's a gel-like being, eating everything, including Diane, May, Brock, Team Rocket, and lots of Pokemon. They manage to reverse the power, and destroy the "Groudon," saving everything in Valincia.

But Jirachi had to leave Max forever. Max didn't quite believe Ash when Ash said he missed a friend, but she would stay alive in his heart forever.

Overall, I'd rate this film a 4/5*. I love the message it portrays, but not the storyline. If they had a better storyline for it, it would be an Unbeatable film.

PS: Three guesses as to who Ash's friend was! Her name sounds a lot like "missed!"
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »
Love your reviews, Ideathy!

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2014, 05:21:17 PM »
Only gotten better!

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »
Whoa! IdeaThy12 when did you get back?  :D

Great review! It reminds me a little of Brigadoon.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2014, 11:43:46 PM »
Whoa! IdeaThy12 when did you get back?  :D

Around a week ago...:P

DarkeningHumour

• Objectively Awesome
  • When not sure if sarcasm look at username.
    • Pretentiously Yours
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »
This needs to resume.
« Society is dumb. Art is everything. » - Junior

https://pretensiouslyyours.wordpress.com/

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »
I will inform her.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
Sorry about that, everyone~ I'm willing to resume reviewing the movies, and I could potentially branch out into the actual anime a little bit~ Of recent, the Pokemon anime has kinda been dying slowly due to art and story just...vanishing?
But~ you all want the movies, and I can do that! (Uh...need to look through what ones I've done...I remember trying to do Lucario...but I'm not sure I ever managed...)
Of course, there are new movies I haven't seen out now. Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction being the one that I can remember the name of...