Author Topic: Sacred Cow - Chinatown  (Read 3053 times)

Nootlin

Sacred Cow - Chinatown
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:10 AM »
I would love for you to take the sacred cow that is Chinatown down from it's pedestal and check it for false God-ery. I'm a big fan of Roman Polanski's other films (chiefly Knife in the Water, Cul-de-Sac and Death and the Maiden) so I have revisted Chinatown on a number of occassions, to see if I can finally understand what everyone else seems to take from the film, but I ain't got it yet...

BeastDuelsRadioHour

• Beast Duels Radio Hour
Re: Sacred Cow - Chinatown
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »
I'd like to see this as a Sacred Cow for the exact opposite reason.  And seeing as Josh had this in his top 10 of all time and it made Adam's top 20, my guess is they won't be taking it down from any pedestal
Check out my podcast: We dissect movie villain subtypes, pit them in theoretical battles against each other, and (of course) make top 5 lists for our favorite things in films. http://beastduels.podomatic.com

Fogbound

Re: Sacred Cow - Chinatown
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »
One top 5 list that would be interesting to hear is Top 5 Rock movies (nondocumentary).  There are so many bad ones that it would be great to hear what our intrepid hosts think?  One I recommend is Quadrophenia. Far from perfect but visually intoxicating at times.