Author Topic: Wednesdays in the Old West  (Read 3836 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Wednesdays in the Old West
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »
Thank you for being correct in your evaluation.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 10:44:01 PM »
It's all kind of faded away, but I do remember my biggest laugh. When the man sang as he walked along, I wondered if the non-diagetic guitar was turning the movie into a musical. But, eventually he got to the bath barrels and there stood the guitar player! How they coordinated their song so far away from each other was impressive. :)

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »
Hang on.....Twister is awful? Oh I know, this one always trips me up. It had Bill Paxton in it, so it automatically becomes at least a good film in my book; which I have come to learn is a minority opinion. Somehow Paxton does not equal greatness with everyone (huh? starts reaching for copy of Predator 2...again).

I stopped taking 40G seriously after the "high ridin' woman, with a whip" line, and stayed with it because it was so obviously wacky. I relate it more with Fuller's 60s dementedness than the 50s films.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:51:31 PM by verbALs »
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:06:26 PM »
I blame Sam for recommending a very long movie that's only technically a Western. Thank goodness Giant isn't followed by The Horse Whisperer, or this project might completely Hamster.

Antares, thought of switching to a Monthly or Bi-monthly project?

love