Author Topic: Off the Map  (Read 2445 times)

Windchaser

Off the Map
« on: December 28, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »
Has anyone here seen Off the Map with Sam Elliot?  I love this movie and I think it is more for personal reasons due to this movie being set in New Mexico but I am wondering if anyone else loves this film.

To me this film encompasses so many layers but none more important than a young girl finding her spiritual roots from nature, family, friends and strangers. For me, this movie shoots to strum those cords that are difficult to find on my own.

If you have seen this one let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 10:34:46 AM by Windchaser »

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: Off the Map
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:55 PM »
Just saw the trailer! Will see if I can find a copy.

Thanks Windchaser and welcome. :)

orangutangle

• Tramuntana Films
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »
I'm a fan of this film which I tracked down because I loved Scott's "Big Night". It's obviously a low-budget affair but I thought it had  moments of magical beauty, and some laugh out loud surreal humour. It reminded me a little of a Tom Robbins book for some reason. Well worth checking out.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
Welcome to the forum, orangutangle.  Love your avatar and user name!  Happy to have you here.
Texan Down Under

orangutangle

• Tramuntana Films
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »
Thanks saltine, it's nice to be here. I only discovered the podcast a few months ago and it's now a fixture on my iPod. Looking forward to discovering some more great films.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:06:53 PM »
We have a thread for Other Podcasts so I'm moving your last post to that thread.  Welcome again.  Going back through our archives too is an interesting exercise.
Texan Down Under

orangutangle

• Tramuntana Films
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:03 PM »
Going back through our archives too is an interesting exercise.
Yes, I've been doing just that. I just wish iTunes kept more than the last 50...

We have a thread for Other Podcasts so I'm moving your last post to that thread.
OK, sorry. Although it is quite relevant to this Overlooked board... or is that thread in this board?

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »
Going back through our archives too is an interesting exercise.
Yes, I've been doing just that. I just wish iTunes kept more than the last 50...

We have a thread for Other Podcasts so I'm moving your last post to that thread.
OK, sorry. Although it is quite relevant to this Overlooked board... or is that thread in this board?
[/quote]

Here is the entire archive.  You can import files (Ctrl+O) from your download folder to a playlist in iTunes you create and you're good to go.

Here is your moved post.  It already has a reply.
Texan Down Under

DarkCrystal

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 02:55:51 PM »
Great little indie.

Love the scene where Sam Elliott sits outside with (I believe it's Jim True-Frost?), and the narrator says something about "And just like a water faucet turning off, the tears stopped." 

brianivory

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 02:15:17 PM »
This is one of my favorite go-to movies... at least once a year. Not a perfect film, but I love the story of the IRS agent, his transformation, his work of art. Also my favorite Joan Allen role / movie.

love