Author Topic: Australian Cinema?  (Read 31144 times)

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Australian Cinema?
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2022, 04:29:05 PM »
The neon-drenched urban hellscape is also richer than the open outback of Turkey Shoot. For a film so close to Road Warrior in age and so close to Wyrmwood in Aussie-ness, there's a heavy amount of world building in the script and art direction.

I'm just realizing this might have been inspired by Streets of Fire. Maybe that's what I'm responding to.

dusty bottoms

« Reply #181 on: June 01, 2022, 04:38:42 AM »
Anybody mentioned 'Sweet Country' ? That's a beautiful film, some of the shots of the outback are lovely:

"Listen up, there's a storm coming.......... like nothing you've ever seen.......... and not a one of you.......... is prepared for it"

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2022, 04:58:36 AM »
No it has not been mentioned, it is on my "to be watched" list, but I have yet to get around to it. It is one of several collaborations between David Gulpilil and Rolf de Heer. How was the story?

Have you seen either 10 Canoes or The Tracker which are 2 of their other collaborations.

dusty bottoms

« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2022, 08:42:50 AM »
No it has not been mentioned, it is on my "to be watched" list, but I have yet to get around to it. It is one of several collaborations between David Gulpilil and Rolf de Heer. How was the story?

Have you seen either 10 Canoes or The Tracker which are 2 of their other collaborations.

I've not seen either but The Tracker looks very good, thanks.
"Listen up, there's a storm coming.......... like nothing you've ever seen.......... and not a one of you.......... is prepared for it"