love

Author Topic: The Americans on FX  (Read 18397 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: The Americans on FX
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2017, 07:45:16 AM »
Trying to get back into this show. Think this is my third attempt. About halfway through season two. The more I watch, the more I like it, I just have a hard time investing in TV.
I got to the end of season 2 and got busy again. I still like it, I just have a hard time sticking to TV right now in my life.

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2018, 07:39:29 AM »
 :'( RIP.

The writing and acting was pitch perfect for that finale. The characters just felt so real to me.
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard

jswysin

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2018, 05:16:34 PM »
 :'(  Tears indeed.  The show went out doing what it does best, completely subverting expectations and yet feeling like it couldn't go any other way. 

The Wire may still be the best show I've ever seen but The Americans, as I've long felt and this final season only confirmed, is my favorite.

"We'll get used to it." :'(

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
Finally caught up with the last season over the past two days.

So many perfect notes to this last episode and just enough questions that these characters will stay with me for quite some time.
I was so emotionally connected to this last episode I think I’ll be processing this one for while.

My take away:

Life is hardly ever black and white. Good and evil.
We all live in the grey areas and depending on our trajectory, it can be lighter or darker than other times in our life - but we rarely lose our humanity. It’s there, sometimes painfully vulnerable, and other times deeply hidden. But it can surface at the most inexplicable moments - like in the garage of Paige’s apartment.
We can all be victims of an idea.
We can service ideals greater than ourselves but still be the villain AND hero.
It’s all in the perspective.
Hey, nice marmot!

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2018, 01:23:30 AM »
My take away:

They were cold-blooded killers.
Their fate was too good for them.
They lost nothing ... as we know what will happen in both countries with the passage of time.
At the very least, after Paige leaves the train, the train should have crashed killing them both.
Texan Down Under

St. Martin the Bald

• Lurker
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
Yeah, one man’s revolutionary is another man’s terrorist.
The only person who didn’t deserve some sort of just retribution was Henry. Otherwise, they all had some degree of innocent blood on their hands. Even Paige.
Hey, nice marmot!