Author Topic: Hear the Score, Guess the Film! -=Game 1=-  (Read 14153 times)

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
Re: Hear the Score, Guess the Film!
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2013, 08:36:53 PM »
Great game smirnoff! Never had so much fun while getting zero right before. :D

:))

Yea, I hadn't seen half of these, the only one I feel bad about missing is Spirited Away.

Now that you know is it totally obvious, or just vaguely familiar?

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »
I haven't seen half either. I probably should've recognized Bourne, and I've had my as-yet-unwatched copy of the Gosford Park DVD sitting on the coffee table for weeks (was going to use it to help with my "Downton Abbey" withdrawal, but went cold turkey instead), but I actually haven't seen that movie since it was in the theaters. Air Force One is one of those flicks that I can't not watch if I happen to stumble on it. And the Piazzolla piece from 12 Monkeys was possibly my favorite part of that movie.

Really fun quiz.
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »
Yea, I hadn't seen half of these, the only one I feel bad about missing is Spirited Away.

That opening part should have tipped me off as to its Japanese origins now that I go back and listen to it.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
I haven't seen half either. I probably should've recognized Bourne, and I've had my as-yet-unwatched copy of the Gosford Park DVD sitting on the coffee table for weeks (was going to use it to help with my "Downton Abbey" withdrawal, but went cold turkey instead), but I actually haven't seen that movie since it was in the theaters. Air Force One is one of those flicks that I can't not watch if I happen to stumble on it. And the Piazzolla piece from 12 Monkeys was possibly my favorite part of that movie.

Really fun quiz.

Hah nice. All that AFO watching paid off then! :) Glad you joined in!

That opening part should have tipped me off as to its Japanese origins now that I go back and listen to it.

Next time you'll be more careful. ;)

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 09:43:40 PM »
Yey I guessed Bourne Legacy, boo it was the wrong clip. Oh well there are always other quizzes.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2013, 12:50:36 AM »
I watched Gosford Park a few months ago and Air Force One has been on HBO or something recently. I kept wanting to say The West Wing for that one because the composer is named Snuffy. But that's a tv show.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2013, 02:26:14 AM »
I am not too embarrassed about my awful guesses, even though I've seen most of these films.  After all, the best soundtrack doesn't call attention to itself, but guides the emotion so well that you think it's the rest of the movie doing it's magic, when it is at least 25% music.

But Spirited Away?  I am SOOOO embarrassed about missing that one.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »
I didn't guess because I listened to a few and none sounded familiar.  I haven't seen four of these, and the most recent one I've seen is Spirited Away, almost 10 years ago.  I didn't have a chance in hell.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
I am not too embarrassed about my awful guesses, even though I've seen most of these films.  After all, the best soundtrack doesn't call attention to itself, but guides the emotion so well that you think it's the rest of the movie doing it's magic, when it is at least 25% music.

You make a fair point. :)

I didn't guess because I listened to a few and none sounded familiar.  I haven't seen four of these, and the most recent one I've seen is Spirited Away, almost 10 years ago.  I didn't have a chance in hell.

Not to worry. There's always next round. :)