Author Topic: About Forum Moderation  (Read 11180 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
About Forum Moderation
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
The moderators working this forum are volunteers.  They are excellent at letting the conversations and posts of members continue as long as those posts are convivial and avoid personal attacks.  Admin requests that members understand that when a mod steps into a back-and-forth exchange, they are not to be ignored.   

Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: About Forum Moderation
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
The above post by me is as relevant today as when I first wrote it.  Once a mod steps into a discussion that's gone off the rails, that discussion ends there.  Further posts are not allowed.  You can pm and argue with posters all you please, but in the thread there is no more posting on the subject.  Junior stepped into the DOC thread twice recently and posting continued.  That's really got to stop happening or there will be consequences to members who ignore moderation.
Texan Down Under

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 08:34:32 PM »
I guess where I'm confused is Junior emphasized to talk about movies, 1SO asked a film specific question and I offered a film specific answer. It wasn't my impression that that film was to be discussed no more period.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 09:01:05 PM »
I can understand the confusion in the case of the DOC thread.  However, I am emphasizing that moderation should move the discussion back to film or on to another topic.  Junior would not have stepped in if the discussion had not become confrontational in nature. 

I think you all know what I'm getting at.  Discuss films.  Leave the personal commentary out or pm it.  THIS IS A FILM FORUM.
Texan Down Under

love