6 (14%)
Letterboxd
24 (55.8%)
MUBI
1 (2.3%)
I know something even better
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Which Internet Cataloging Site is the Best?  (Read 15596 times)

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
Re: Which Internet Cataloging Site is the Best?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 06:44:21 PM »
I signed up for Letterboxd. I can be found here.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:13 PM »
I don't use any of them.... I haven't seen the need yet. I keep track of most movies I watch blogging about them. Some of them slip through, but the majority will be written about.
I find it useful for the "wants to watch" feature.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
I get the reason for it, but I don't like being restricted from commenting for 24 hours on stuff. Especially my own lists. I want to reply to these replies!

WillMunny

• ISmokeCigarsBlog
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »
Lately I am using a Pinterest board to keep track of what I see - in a very essential way: film poster + IMDB, thanks to this topic I have discovered letterboxd and I am giving it a try, but the fact is when I see a film that I like or I write about at my blog or - anyway, some way - I will keep its memory alive. I am not a Linnaeus kind of guy.

TalkingElvish

• Interviews and Reviews
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:59 AM »
I have been meaning to thank whoever it was that posted about ICM on this forum, several years ago. I have been using it a lot, and I find it does pretty much everything I want a move-cataloguing site to do, except give me great user-written reviews to read. (I do like that about Letterboxd) It seems people are more content to tick off a film than discuss it at ICM. I have discovered HUNDREDS of excellent short films (and a wholly embarrassing List of Shame) from ICM which I'll be eternally grateful for. I've tried using MUBI, but besides offering me free screenings of films I'm not really interested in seeing, I'm yet to find a selling point for it. I'd never heard of Criticker before now, and if it means I'm going to have to tick off ever film I've ever seen again, I'm might give it a miss.

Jared

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 10:30:13 AM »
I like looking through the stuff a lot of you guys are doing on Letterboxd but the site really just isn't for me. I'm not much of a writer, I just like watching movies. I also can't keep up with sites that have me rating films. I get overwhelmed with how stupid some of my Cricketer scores seem after a year and want to to blow up the whole project and start over. Icheckmovies is just a nice database of what I've seen and what I haven't,and I've discovered some good stuff just by working to complete lists I'm interested in.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
Letterboxd is good because a lot of critics use the site, and you can basically stalk all their ratings.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 01:57:59 PM »
I love Adam to death but it made me a little sad when he said on the show that he likes using Letterboxd to post reviews. It's like these boards only exist to him for show-related feedback.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
I love Adam to death but it made me a little sad when he said on the show that he likes using Letterboxd to post reviews. It's like these boards only exist to him for show-related feedback.

I really feel that this forum is for our community, with little connection to the podcast, except occasionally there are people filtered here from the podcast.  Some of the folks in our community don't listen to the podcast anymore, and this has never really been "the place" for Adam, which is a shame.  But what we have is good, and I really have no complaints.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »
I haven't listened to the podcast in years.

love