Author Topic: One Chapter at a Time - The Elite Eleven of Pixar + BONUS CONTENT  (Read 559436 times)

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
Re: One Chapter at a Time - The Elite Eleven of Pixar + BONUS CONTENT
« Reply #1470 on: October 04, 2016, 12:20:37 PM »
Today, I'm listening to Mousterpiece Cinema's review of Zootopia, and concerning racism one person makes a good point-- that this is more Guess Who's Coming to Dinner? instead of In the Heat of the Night.  That the main point is that everyone finds that they are unintentionally falling into racism, even when they are aware of the racially-charged society and trying to avoid that.  This isn't, so much, an expose of racism in a society.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
The Elite Eleven: Bonus Content - Zootopia
« Reply #1471 on: November 05, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
Listened to a podcast where they talked to the writers and directors of Zootopia. They said the press conference was the hardest scene because they didn't want Judy's responses to be because she was nervous. They wanted her theory of predators going savage to come from seeds of racism instilled by her parents fear of foxes and her past incident with Gideon Grey. Gideon was a late addition to the film when they realized they needed a reason for her to have an instinctual fear of predators.

While I hear what they're saying, I don't think that comes across in the scene because Judy's answers directly follow her getting advice from Nick on how to handle the crowd because she's nervous. Those answers are then twisted into fear politics by the reporters. I never connected her response as an honest moment of racism stemming from Gideon or her parents.

p.s. I'm no longer planning to do a month on Finding Dory at this time. I'd like to let the film sit for a bit before I return to it. I'll start my next project in Jan and am debating doing Prep & Landing for Christmas.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 10:03:23 PM by 1SO »

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #1472 on: November 17, 2017, 01:58:20 PM »
Well it has taken a long while to catch up on this thread, but I am glad I finally have. I will say your second favourite chapter in Zootopia was one of my least favourite. I remember seeing the trailers and groaning at the typical “Isn’t the DMV slow” joke, yawn. I also find it interesting that the much hailed Inside Out ended up the lowest scoring of the 6 films.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1473 on: November 17, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »
There seems to be backlash with the DMV scene, which is what got many interested in the film in the first place.

I will always struggle with Inside Out, but having gone through this Marathon I can now really enjoy that excellent middle.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1474 on: April 08, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
The number of images that have disappeared from this thread is tearing me up.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1475 on: April 09, 2020, 08:33:38 PM »
Fixed all the dead images, and I'm especially happy because I got to replace most of them with new 4K screenshots.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #1476 on: April 09, 2020, 09:29:05 PM »
Sounds like a project and a half!

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #1477 on: April 09, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
Most of the images were still there. I only had to replace about 100 of them. (Print tells me the thread contains over 900 images.)

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #1478 on: April 10, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
Fixed all the dead images, and I'm especially happy because I got to replace most of them with new 4K screenshots.

Don't crash the forum again! lol, jk (hopefully)
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #1479 on: April 10, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
I don't think linking images should crash the forum. They're all hosted on another site which shouldn't stress the traffic of the forums.

love