love

Author Topic: Top 5 Most Wrongly Rated Actors  (Read 1991 times)

tjwells

• Elite Member
Top 5 Most Wrongly Rated Actors
« on: December 12, 2006, 12:52:17 AM »
Actors who are considered overrated by the general public that you think are underrated or vice versa. We can call this the "Sam Van Hallgren Kevin Spacey Memorial Top 5"

Wilson

• Elite Member
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »
I avoided the obvious underrated and overrated like Julia Roberts, Don Cheadle, William H. Macy, Paul Giamatti, Halle Berry etc

5. Jack Nicholson - overrated - urgh, can we have the 1970s Jack back please?

4. Maggie Gyllenhaal - Underrated.  See: Sherrybaby, Secretary and just about everything else.  Her brother gets all the attention, hopefully that will change.

3. Tom Cruise - underrated.  Yes that right, underrated.  Sure in real life he's crazy, but most people think he's overrated but I've yet to see a film in which he doesn't draw me in.  Sure there is a few films I don't like, and I don't expect he'll ever be Marlon Brando II but what the hell, I like him.

2. Parker Posey - underrated - I have an unhealthy desire for Parker.  I love her in absolute everything, from Dazed & Confused to Oh in Ohio through Personal Velocity and, obviously, her scene stealing performance in Superman Returns.

1.  Tom Hanks - overated - quite possibly the most overrated man alive.  He's likeable in comedic parts, but I just don't see why people make out that he's a really good actor.  I just don't get it.

Honourable mention to Brad Pitt as underrated, I would've had him on the list but I think people are starting to realise how good he can be.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 06:41:59 PM »
I absolutley agree with everone Wilson put up.  Great stuff man.

I'll add:

Edward Norton - Overrated.  I don't think he is a bad actor, but people praising him as one of the best actors of our time makes me sick.

Dustin Hoffman- Underrated.  I don't think he gets enough credit in terms of the greatest all time.  Granted he won for Rain Man, but I think that performance is a little overrated.  He's been in some great movies and had some great roles and continues to choose interesting films.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:03:37 PM »
I totally agree with Brad Pitt. I think he is in the top 5 actors of today.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”