love

Author Topic: colonel_mexico's poem thread  (Read 10505 times)

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
Re: colonel_mexico's poem thread
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »
Two feet now. That's a good start. :)

How old are John and James, do you surmise? They are going to have a rude awakening, learning how to be self-sufficient!

They are somewhere between 16-18.  Thanks so much for reading :)
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:25:35 AM »
I watched Tree of Life tonight and well it made me think of a lot of things and people, relationships, friends and family.  I lost a few people over the past few years and while I will not be discussing anything specific, this is what came out tonight.  Thanks to all who read.

An Unknown Blasphemy

have you ever seen pain on canvas
or how blind madness can be in sadness
yeah its a joke and we are all laughing
when silence is the last thing
we whisper in moments of tragedy
cry, speak, reach we learn in these moments
of spoken torrents of foreign
names of people known and unknown
those that last and stay til the last gasp
we dont know each other anymore than
that last chance to say goodbye
so sweet to smile and say hi
vain greetings and hollow lunch meetings
i cant remember what we were eating
but it seems so simple
so happy and plain
these memories so thoughtful
it could drive you insane
we didnt really try to be friends
family is the type of thing
left for those who really care
about blood and what it shares
even inside forgotten abortion stares
divorced glares
we never dared to try
to be real and alive
with someone willing to die
for something special felt inside
its so easy to lie
and fake our way through life
keep this trip its on your side
ill tip extra she has your smile
happiness contrived from a story
everything good seems boring
we are all ignoring
things that matter
trying to be happier or sadder
who wins, who cares, in the end it doesnt matter
and i know this, my wish
for a last kiss, that isn't
coming i hope your pain
equals mine, even though its asinine
its one thing we had in common
broken creatures with overdue karma
i wasnt wrong i
just played the wrong song
and i hope in the long run
you find some kind of peaceful drama
wish i was stronger
and tried a little harder
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 08:41:50 AM »
There are stories in there that I can only conjecture about, but this line jumped out at me:

vain greetings and hollow lunch meetings

and even though it may mean something entirely different, it made me look up at a sticky note on my desk from Our Town.

"Oh Earth, you're too wonderful for anybody to realize you. Do human beings ever realize life while they live it - every, every minute?

Something nice to be reminded of today. :) Thanks for that.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »
Thank you for reading Sandy and yes that is essentially what it means, to realize that you are living life and every once in awhile its worth realizing your living it.  Memories are nice, but isn't making them the better part?  There's a little more, but I'd rather not go into it for personal reasons, again thanks so much for reading.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »
  never apologize for sharing your creativity.

Yep.  Be confident.  Who knows what will happen if you let people make their own decisions about what they think about your work? :)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 06:41:16 AM »
Thanks oldkid, I will and I hope to post something again soon!

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:08:56 AM »
A Beginning (Foolish Paradise)

Cedar Creek, Texas what a place.  Buck stopped at a place called The Foolish Paradise, it's exterior made one warm in the heart by way of trailer park debauchery.  Luckily a few porch chairs were warmed by the sun and partially shaded by an aluminum shed that no longer had walls and was mostly a serviceable porch.  Buck went inside and I took something rusty that appeared to be a chair.  The day was just getting hot and Texas heat is something to admire, if nothing but for it's humid animosity.  A dilapidated 1980s Camry pulled in, a gorgeously, decrepit blonde in pajama pants and a Wal-Mart hairdo decided to join this happy affair.  She looked at me and smiled with disgust, "Buenasss diat, you intende ingles?"  Rage to such greetings were long in my past, "I speak english quiet well, is there something I can help you with?"  "I'm looking for your friend Rolando, he's supposed to be here," she said approaching closer adjusting the tight fitting halter top that somehow seemed wrong for the adult section of Wal-Mart.  The name Rolando seemed to cause a breeze and when speaking of the devil things do seem to quicken.  Buck opened the side door of our porch lean-to holding two already sweating beers.  Nodding at Buck, "I apologize Miss, but I don't know Rolando, but if you would care to have a drink and pass some time with my friend and I, perhaps he will show up."  Calamity Jane looked at Buck, the beers, then back at me, almost curious, but not quite, "No I'll be back, tell that pendejo if he's here he better have my money."  I nodded and took a swill, "Buck I believe we have come to the right place."  Buck sipped his beer and leaned back in his groaning chair.

Rolando had lived in Elgin, Texas his entire life.  He claimed a lot of things in his life, his parents were wealthy ex-cartel restaurant owners from Mexico, but the truth was simple a few hard working Mexicans who bought a bar in the middle of nowhere and left it to their degenerate son.  Using the remainder of his substantially small inheritance he managed to set himself up as some kind of playboy looking for love.  Eventually, upon one of his drunken soirees into Austin he had met someone who did not live in the city.  She was the sister of someone supposedly so important it warranted the entire family being unknown.  Every time he beat her it was for a very good reason.  "Yes, her brothers have to know how crazy she is," a sip of whisky to wash down a soothing outloud comment to nobody.

Bastrop, Texas, Linda loved being in the country so much, but she needed city things.  HEB was her place of solace she could walk around for hours and they had all sorts of youth creams, organic foods, and life giving remedies which seemed to hold the same scientific esteem as any National Enquirer edition.  Today she wore heavy, dark sunglasses to cover up excessive eye makeup which failed to hide a forgotten black eye.  Linda knew who, but the how was always rather fuzzy, many of her life stories had that fuzziness attached to it.  A rather kind of mold that no amount of money, treatment, or brother's attempts to fix could ever rid her of.  She had seen her phone and knew that a phone call had gone out, one which if she did nothing would hold terrible consequences.  Rubbing her temple and creeping toward the damage, "I wonder if they have any nude face creme?"  She pushed her lonely revenge cart down another aisle, on sale screaming for attention.

The old Texaco outside of Elroy, Texas had a small game animal deli, one where an old, sober psychopath could find a delicious roadkill menu.  The coyote tails were something of legend, but the sales would indicate a smaller audience of appreciation.  Jorge went inside and stopped basking in window unit air conditioning.  "'elo George," the storekeep who was obviously a fastidious gentleman with his greasy jeans, yellow teeth, and unwashed hair, Jorge just nodded.  Walking to a Coleman cooler with a paper list of the drinks and their values, Jorge grabbed a 'Mexican coke' and briefly desired to smash Gentleman John's face, but instead set it on the counter.  "A man of routine, I can respect that.  Coyote tails and a mexican coke 9.87 slick."  Jorge placed a 20 on the counter and a small mouse buzzed in his pocket.  Psychopaths with phones aren't usually a danger to anybody as long as they are locked behind high walls and the comfort of potent medication.  Jorge's desires heightened and suddenly food and drink became disgust.  A smile at Gentleman John and a quick, quiet exit that left John thinking.  Thoughts are lost quickly on those with simple, fiscal desires, Jorge had to work.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:20:26 AM by colonel_mexico »

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 04:15:07 PM »
A Beginning continued

The cemetary was in the eastern part of Bastrop heading toward Smithville and was the weekly meeting place of Kaytlin and her Romeo Sergio.  Kay had known Sergio her whole life and she had always watched him from afar. Her father was one of the wealthiest and influential men in town, Sergio was the son of a pair of restaurant owners.  Bloodlines such as these are not supposed to mix, but then again forbidden fruit has forever plagued the female species.  Serge's desire was no less apparent, yet he restrained himself out of one part respect, one part fear of a truth he could not reveal to her.  The relationship failed to blossom until near the end of high school, they both had planned futures, but neither really enjoyed their respective life plans.  As fate seems to always play out they finally met one night, colliding stars couldn't have been brighter.  Full blown lust bloom shared in hotel rooms and a dark corner of the city cemetary became their weekly haunt.  A crackle of gravel and Kay looked up to see the same Sunday afternoon beat up brown Ford Ranger approaching.  Serge parked behind her and got out, her grey Mercedes offered much more room for amorous conversation. 

Jackson Shipley was originally from Round Rock, Texas, but now Bastrop was his home and place of employment.  After failed attempts to play football and graduate college, Jackson had taken a job as police officer in downtown Austin.  A few complaints that numbered almost as many as a few lawsuits, Jackson found work as a small town city cop.  As long as he didn't beat anybody up and passed out a fair share of tickets he was left alone.  While he wasn't a good cop in any sense of the word good, he did try to uphold the law and he began to notice an ever increasing amount of out town vehicles.  Bastrop was known for it's pecans, but to believe a rise in the amount of hispanics looking for nuts alarmed and offended him.  Ship brought this to the attention of his chief, whose last name was Iglesias, didn't feel it was that big of a deal and warned Ship that making waves wasn't good for his already damaged boat.  Ship said his usual, 'Yes, sir' and went back to hiding out on his stretch of highway.  An Irish coffee was a good way to help the day ebb by. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:22:19 AM by colonel_mexico »

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 05:43:28 PM »
"...but then again forbidden fruit has forever plagued the female species."

:D

favorite line

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
Thanks Sandy yeah just something new that I started working on and we shall see where it goes.  Hopefully, I can get somewhere with this instead of stalling out like last my few attempts lol.  Thanks again for reading Miss :)

love