Author Topic: Colonel_Mexico likes weird music  (Read 22249 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: Colonel_Mexico likes weird music
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »
@Sandy- thank you so much for your comments and for reading.  This story is an amalgamation of things I've wanted to write, but never have really put together, but it also stems from a dream I had in the past.  The music is meant to be an aural presentation of the inspiration, of the things that tap into my poetry/writing well and causes the spill of words and story you find here.

To have such a well! Your metaphor reminds me that you really are from Texas. :)

There are some hidden meanings, the stone that grows cold is obviously the tombstone, and the one that grows old is the stone that one would find as a precious gem usually worn on a ring on the left hand :)

Ah, yes, a ring. Thank you. I was thinking along the lines of a heart of stone, one that has grown weary/old. Something like,

You've got this heart of stone
I'm never breaking through
Feels like a dead end road

I'm not asking you to tell me, because mystery is always good, but since I'm spatially oriented, I'm trying to figure this out geographically. I know it's definitely not in China, but the term foreign devils made me smile! Big Sky Country is Montana, but this isn't Montana. :) There's a Big Sky ranch in Royse City, TX, but that's not the desert, nor is Cuba. The Chihuahuan desert in both West Texas and Mexico is an option and I wonder if Davey has gone south of the border where he is a foreigner and where saint James and Chamaco reside, but Sad Girl needs access to a city, so maybe they're near El Paso. As for Charlie, she's on the West Coast. :)

Am I in spitting distance?

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2015, 08:05:42 AM »
Ensenada :)
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2015, 01:40:42 PM »
Oh!

I was 804 miles off, but had the latitude almost spot on!

31.7903° N El Paso
31.8578° N Ensenada

Thank you for telling me, because now I can put my internal GPS tracker to rest. :)

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2015, 01:49:18 PM »
:)
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
From across the glow of this harem, that she's been sharing for far too long there he was, an icy stare that warmed her soul with the force only heaven could send across this universe.  Her doom was sealed as soon as he entered her room and that chill burned to ache that wrapped her legs into a torrent that is all pain in pure pleasure.  Sure its the treasure she chose to bury forever, but now is never and his hands are the member that keep pace to a rhythm that has made everything sane incredibly strange and perfectly within the realm of Sunday afternoon derelicts, praising God with that poison kiss, it may have been the apple that cast us out, but here is something deeper then Shakespeare,
"Off with that girdle, like heaven’s Zone glistering,
But a far fairer world encompassing.
Unpin that spangled breastplate which you wear,
That th’eyes of busy fools may be stopped there.
Unlace yourself, for that harmonious chime,
Tells me from you, that now it is bed time."

Oh that's the one, John Donne, now it's all come undone and they both in this rapture have captured something worse then sin.  Its the purest of love and ecstasy and this can only end in tragedy, but doesn't it feel good this never ending depth, both souls plunging so deep angels must have wept, together they seek what's left of all that's good in this world. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRv4VQra2kc

And just as quickly as it had begun the dream was asleep, and here was stark reality, the quiet banality before the storm that would quash the tranquility of his world.  Davey wasn't crazy, until the hazy, dusky eyes that had sealed his fate, and then his date with the devil and her quest that would make him the knight in dusty jeans, that he could trade in for clean fortunes that would free him and his heart from their small parts.  But the quest was now, here was saint James, not a clown, but funny enough to tear down the scariest of sounds with just the round smile he gives, death is his shrift, and as Davey shifts into the dusty lane a car creeps up behind, and Chamaco in the back seat seems suddenly insane.  Snap, screech, chink, he's ready these men won't get away without some steady lead from a hand that speaks for this silent man.  Pedal to the metal, there is no screech of sand between rubber, but the band of brothers have to fight and race to win this night and reach that place which is goal to free all their souls.  saint James himself ready for the grind, there will be no one left behind, in front or in the wind in the road, this approach won't be easy and stealing from this lot is answered with the shout of gunshot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ton0a230_s

Frank knew something had changed, she was not the same, that loving feeling of pain had changed to hate.  He could take the disgusted diffidence, he couldn't take the silent insolence he felt from those eyes who were always on fire, but this conflagration was at full force and he felt fear.  But worse was his arrogance and pride, the falls of man were all the sand he had left in this land he claimed as his along with the sis that ruled with a poison hidden hand.  Even the violent, gentle rapping by hand and sweet nothing of finger to throat could choke any sweet sounds out of his beautiful little mouse, when had she become so strong that even the woman of the house would know something was now wrong.  He would find out who and why, he would move heaven and sky to quench this fire, this woman was his desire and no one would ever tell him otherwise, so as quickly as he came he left and she bent, broken in her quiet shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_VLi79Q9A

But there was no shame here, only fear because of what she holds so dear is in danger, from himself, from the world and wind itself, this fate that is now at hand.  She knows that her heart's hate has brought a newborn strength, but freeing herself from this old world may be the rage and that destroys all the characters in this play.  Oh where should she take stage, how long should she wait, where is he?  Will he come back for me? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQj2iOEx-V8

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2015, 06:09:00 PM »
Midori - my favorite Japanese band:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJ-sUvO5tg

My new musical crush: Chelsea Wolfe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvbJY2CjrUI

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2015, 11:50:07 PM »
Colonel! All hell broke loose! I'm caught unprepared and am not sure I'm ready for the answers to all the questions I have. I feel like I should ride it out, letting it unfold, or I should say shatter, in front of me.

While I'm trying to regain equilibrium, I'll say that John Donne's poem is surprising! Hadn't read that before!  And, that Sally's Song is beautiful and oh so sad. Each song puts me deeper into your lines. Really powerful combinations.

Okay, gotta go shake this off...

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:38 AM »
@philip928- Midori- Hits you with a sledgehammer and never lets up, I like the changes and piano parts, mellowness in the insanity
Chelsea Wolfe- Has that Portishead-ish sound that I really like, love the heaviness of it, like being on a conveyor belt being taken into the machine, assimilate me!

@Sandy- it is falling apart, I don't know what to say, this has been interesting little run, but as with all my little works nothing much great, but fun nonetheless, thanks so much for following along :)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2015, 12:19:13 PM »
I don't know if I'd use the adjective fun, but it is much great!

I was reeling when posting last night, so I didn't know what to say either :) and I forgot to mention that Dig/"He would find out who and why, he would move heaven and sky to quench this fire," feels like the mad descent from the song it made me think of, Friendly Fire. Talk about a "slippery slope" of where rage can take someone.

My questions are about the characters, so when the dust settles, I hope I can ask them. Some are getting answered along the way, so I'm trying to be good and patient. :) 

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2015, 09:52:04 PM »
Zechs Marquise- Sirenum Scopuli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Kpo_TegOQ

love