love

Author Topic: Colonel_Mexico likes weird music  (Read 22250 times)

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
Re: Colonel_Mexico likes weird music
« Reply #140 on: April 21, 2016, 10:15:54 PM »
Die Yuppie Die- Hmmm, a little plain for me.

Nude School- Ha, a fun one! I support nude schools.

Lubricated Goat: In the Raw- I support co-ed nude schools is what I meant, not just the band lol. Weird though for sure, tough, scary, roar!  That guitar sound/noise he gets is tough, dig that.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2016, 06:43:50 AM »
It seems like the results were a mixed bag. Still I will try and think of some more.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2016, 01:01:59 AM »
A little Japanese black metal from the band Sigh

Sigh - Gundali
Sigh - Gundali

Sigh - Prelude to the Oracle
Prelude to the Oracle

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2016, 01:03:04 AM »
A little from 2 very different bands calls Sand

Band 1 - a five-piece experimental rock/jazz/electronic group based in Birmingham, England. Formed in 1998.
Sand - Vertigo Crab
Vertigo Crab

Sand - The Dalston Shroud
The Dalston Shroud

Band 2 - a hardcore band from Japan
Sand - Poser
Poser

Sand - Vanilla Shake
Vanilla Shake

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2016, 08:19:57 AM »
Gundali- Reminds me a little of the operatic style of King Diamond, though without the high pitched voice lol.

Prelude to the Oracle- Yep Death Metal alright.  For me I appreciate a certain degree of loud and toughness, but this type of metal is a little over that boundary.  It's weird because I appreciate yelling, but more in the prog-rock vein than the frightening gruffness of death metal. Though the guitar parts in this are fantastic, the solo is solid.

Vertigo Crab- When I listen to things I usually always compare it to something else and while it's not exactly alike reminded me of The Cooper Temple Clause, I should post something from them.  I dig the groove, I could do my immense amounts of writing to this stuff.

Dalston Shroud- The quiet screaming parts are interesting, like something from The Crow soundtrack, buckets of bullets with strobe lights and casual death in a comic book world. Interesting.

Poser- I was just commenting the other day about convergence culture and certainly a lot here.  It's like a death metal version of the song Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies. The guitar parts are really tough, dig that, but it looks like a hip hop video lol.  That skater guy does a couple of cool tricks and that Gibson sunburst guitar is classic.

Vanilla Shake- Ah, here's the hip hop style beatdown that is tough and very cool, all while saying F-you.  These guys should keep doing this.
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2016, 06:31:09 PM »
Institutionalised and  King Diamond, ah a couple of classics.

I will have to keep seeking to find something that might peek your interest more.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »
Stumbled across this the other day and really dig the album.

Very Careful - Belong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXRIDArfR0o

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2016, 09:51:59 PM »
Interesting ambient tune, might to DL this album.  Thanks philip918 for the share.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2016, 02:48:41 PM »

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2016, 03:16:06 PM »
Nothing weird about RatM. Oooh its all pith tonight!
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

love