Author Topic: March Madness - Communal Watchlist Group Marathon 2014  (Read 11742 times)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: March Madness - Communal Watchlist Group Marathon 2014
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2014, 02:25:24 AM »
I'll be tallying up all the new ratings and then sending everyone an updated list of unrated films to see if I've missed anything. Once I get all that compiled, I'll update the watchlist and post a new batch of films.

...hopefully all by Sunday night...but we all know how that goes...

pixote

I may throw in a few more before then. Here's one:

The Clock

I wish I had seen this before Strangers on a Train. Robert Walker creeps me out a little now and here he is supposed to be all fresh faced and innocent. There's a moment in the park at night, where he's looking at Judy Garland intently. It's supposed to be smoldering, but all I can think of is, "Run Judy!" It's not fair to him or the movie, though I don't know what to think of it on it's own terms either. There are flashes of greatness, but so much of it feels forced: the laughter, certain scenes, the hurried up romance. As for the flashes, they are so sweet, that I can almost forget how much I'm not on board. Judy's beauty and her breakdown in the cafe are the things I choose to remember.

Rating - 7
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:30:19 AM by Sandy »

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
Re: March Madness - Communal Watchlist Group Marathon 2014
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2014, 02:36:01 AM »
Sneaking one more in...

The Great Escape

Short and sweet comment. This movie kept me engaged from beginning to end. I wasn't sure if it would, but the humor and the way the story unfolded, held me right there as my claustrophobia kicked in. It's so watchable! So much so, I had other family members stop at my desk and stay. Nobody was going anywhere.

Rating - 8