love

Author Topic: Fargo on FX  (Read 5356 times)

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
Re: Fargo on FX
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Lester's a rockstar now.

Can someone explain to me the connection to the film. I've seen it but i can't see it.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »
The money from the film is what young Oliver Platt found in the snow a few episodes back. And I assume the mafia connection is similar.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

Tequila

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 04:44:49 AM »
My problem about MF is mostly that he's so very fidgety. Which is fine when he's playing his more comedic parts but on this show it just really annoys me for some reason. The moments in the hospital bed when the camera is zooming in on his face and he just keeps moving around stuck to my mind particularly.

I loved the time jump as well as I hope it means we'll get to see more of Thornton again. Also, yay Key and Peele.
'What am I doing? I'm quietly judging you'
http://letterboxd.com/Tagave/

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 05:13:37 PM »
My problem about MF is mostly that he's so very fidgety. Which is fine when he's playing his more comedic parts but on this show it just really annoys me for some reason. The moments in the hospital bed when the camera is zooming in on his face and he just keeps moving around stuck to my mind particularly.

I loved the time jump as well as I hope it means we'll get to see more of Thornton again. Also, yay Key and Peele.

I was introduced to MF on BBC's The Office.  He was perfect as Tim. His playfulness with Gareth (also well-casted) was the perfect balance to David Brent's meanness.
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 08:08:36 PM »
Now want to watch but doesn't look like I can stream it on Netflix or Hulu +.

Anybody know if the FX Website has the episodes to stream?  I can't currently check as the site says only available in the US but can try with a VPN later.
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »

Anybody know if the FX Website has the episodes to stream?  I can't currently check as the site says only available in the US but can try with a VPN later.

I could only access it in AUS through Amazon streaming (with VPN), but pay-for-service as a season pass. 
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »

I could only access it in AUS through Amazon streaming (with VPN), but pay-for-service as a season pass.

Ok, that works for me than, I have Amazon Prime and can stream there content if available to Amazon Prime users.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 09:24:57 PM »
I suppose you understand that it's not free to Prime members, but available as a pay service for streaming.  Also on iTunes, but for $1 more than Amazon/ep.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 09:26:29 PM by saltine »
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 09:30:05 PM »
I suppose you understand that it's not free to Prime members, but available as a pay service for streaming.

Got it, I have a solution if I want to pay for it... thanks!

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 02:08:46 AM »
The money from the film is what young Oliver Platt found in the snow a few episodes back. And I assume the mafia connection is similar.

Is that the main connection? It's been a while since I've seen the film and i didn't like it much so it's not surprising i didn't pick up on the connection.

I really like the opening of each episode. It's very film like. I especially like the, i guess theme of the show. One of the two they regularly use. The drumming score.