Author Topic: A World of Infusion  (Read 8121 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: A World of Infusion
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 08:35:15 PM »
So, high tea...

We will be presented with the classic tea chest.  Is tea actually paired with food as wine is?

nothing pairs with food like wine...

QFT
Texan Down Under

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:07 PM »
Thanks, Antares, for the answer.  I guess I'll have to figure out what tea goes best with cucumber sandwiches and tiny cakes.
Texan Down Under

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 02:23:13 AM »
I've loved a number of their teas, especially Toasted Nut Brulee and Earl Grey Creme.   

If these kind of blends are what you like to drink, then you should definitely check out Butiki Teas. They make a lot of those exotic blends, and from the reviews I read, they're one of the best tea companies out there on the web.

Wow, that's quite the site.  So many ones to try!

The teas I mentioned above are my favorite dessert teas, but that wouldn't work for everyday tea.  I also enjoy a good Darjeeling with milk and sugar.  I found the cheaper Darjeeling in the US is flavorless compared with the cheapest tea you could buy in India.  So if I'm going to go that way, it's for the bit more expensive stuff.  So I don't get it often :)
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

ˇKeith!

• Objectively Awesome
  • Bitch, I been around since LimeWire.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 12:19:22 PM »
So, high tea...

We will be presented with the classic tea chest.  Is tea actually paired with food as wine is?

nothing pairs with food like wine beer...

QFT  ;)

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
One more from The Art of Tea, this time it's a Green & White blend with Bergamot called Liquid Jade. It's named aptly as it steeps to a jade color, and has a wonderful Bergamot scent, but overall, I found it a bit lacking in taste. Slightly floral with hints of green grass and green beans.

Liquid Jade - 70/100
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:40:15 PM by Antares »
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 02:07:51 PM »
Thanks, Antares, for the answer.  I guess I'll have to figure out what tea goes best with cucumber sandwiches and tiny cakes.

I've got it right here...

Monkey Picked Iron Goddess - 100/100

As I was about to complete my order from Enjoying Tea, I wanted to try something different to go along with what I ordered. I had already selected one Green and one White tea, so I decided to pick an Oolong to even out the set. As I searched through their selections, I came across this Ti Kwan Yin. At first, I balked when I looked at the price, but then threw caution to the wind and grabbed a 4oz. package. When I opened the pouch I got a whiff that was slightly floral, but the fireworks really began when I tossed a scoop into my teapot of water. As I was about to put the lid on top, an amazing floral scent wafted up to my nose, reminiscent of being in a greenhouse of tropical flowers. I knew I was in for a real treat in 4 minutes. And I was right, as it had hints of Honeysuckle, Orange Blossom, Grape Hyacinth and Roses, alongside a delightfully chewy vegetal taste. There were hints of Bok Choy, Escarole, Spinach and Asparagus, with a background flavoring of Wax Beans. Of all the loose teas I've tried so far, this has had the most complex bundling of flavors. On the second steep, I braced myself for a weak reminiscence of the first offering, but OMG!, it was just as flavorful the second time around, with only the slightest bit of astringency added on.

This tea is not going to last long, and I don't give a damn how much it costs, it's worth it!
Masterpiece (100-91) | Classic (90-80) | Entertaining (79-69) | Mediocre (68-58) | Cinemuck (57-21) | Crap (20-0)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 02:40:23 PM »
My new thing has been a green tea almond milk slush.  What I do is dissolve a teaspoon of matcha powder in 1/4 cup of boiling water.  Once it's cooled I put in in a blender with 1 cup vanilla almond milk, 1 tsp honey, and a couple cups of ice.  I blend that all together, it's slightly sweet, slighty bitter and very refreshing.
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 05:01:21 AM »

I've got it right here...

Monkey Picked Iron Goddess - 100/100

As I was about to complete my order from Enjoying Tea, I wanted to try something different to go along with what I ordered. I had already selected one Green and one White tea, so I decided to pick an Oolong to even out the set. As I searched through their selections, I came across this Ti Kwan Yin. At first, I balked when I looked at the price, but then threw caution to the wind and grabbed a 4oz. package. When I opened the pouch I got a whiff that was slightly floral, but the fireworks really began when I tossed a scoop into my teapot of water. As I was about to put the lid on top, an amazing floral scent wafted up to my nose, reminiscent of being in a greenhouse of tropical flowers. I knew I was in for a real treat in 4 minutes. And I was right, as it had hints of Honeysuckle, Orange Blossom, Grape Hyacinth and Roses, alongside a delightfully chewy vegetal taste. There were hints of Bok Choy, Escarole, Spinach and Asparagus, with a background flavoring of Wax Beans. Of all the loose teas I've tried so far, this has had the most complex bundling of flavors. On the second steep, I braced myself for a weak reminiscence of the first offering, but OMG!, it was just as flavorful the second time around, with only the slightest bit of astringency added on.

This tea is not going to last long, and I don't give a damn how much it costs, it's worth it!

So very interesting.  It's amazing what I learn from reading this forum!
Texan Down Under

Antares

• Godfather
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 01:54:46 PM »

Jasmine Silver Needle 95/100

Another winner from Enjoying Tea. The description on their website states that it brews to a pale yellow color, but I found this not to be the case, as my infusion steeped to a rich amber color. The best way to describe the taste is to compare it to a billowy jasmine cloud enveloping your tongue and taste buds in floral bliss. Its silky nature was extremely pleasant and calming. Aside from the rich jasmine notes, there wasn't much else in the way of accompanying taste notes, which I guess could be considered a bit disappointing. But I bought this for its medicinal value, with the added jasmine flavor as a fringe benefit, so I'm deeply satisfied.

love