Author Topic: Filmspotting 500th Live!  (Read 6304 times)

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
Filmspotting 500th Live!
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »
Filmspotting #500 Live!

Join Adam, Josh and special guests for a celebration of all things film and Filmspotting on Saturday, July 26, 9:30pm, at Chicago's Music Box Theatre. Buy tickets

I'll be there and hope to see some of you in attendance.
Texan Down Under

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
Re: Filmspotting 500th Live!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »
Wow, 500 shows is amazing!

That weekend is a potential date for a camping trip I'm planning, but if I am going to be around that sounds like something I will have to attend!

mhurne

• Filmspotting QA and social media contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
I am coming from out of town (VT), and would love to meet-up with anyone planning to be there on Saturday afternoon prior to the show.

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:59:33 AM »
We might be able to put together a dinner or cocktails and nibbles before the 9:30pm show.  I'll be in Chicago for the show and the week prior.  We'd need to find a bar/restaurant convenient to The Music Box. 

Glad you are coming Mark and possibly Melvil.
Texan Down Under

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 07:58:39 PM »
Excitement about Rian Johnson! He's always a great addition to conversation.

I'm about 90% sure I will be able to make it. Hope to purchase my tickets soon.

mhurne

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »
We might be able to put together a dinner or cocktails and nibbles before the 9:30pm show.  I'll be in Chicago for the show and the week prior.  We'd need to find a bar/restaurant convenient to The Music Box. 

Glad you are coming Mark and possibly Melvil.

I am coming from out of town but happy to help try to set something up for that day/evening. 

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
Yeah, we'll work on a meetup before or after the show, once more plans are made for the show and we see who is attending.  Anxious to meet you Filmspotters!
Texan Down Under

mhurne

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »
Any more thoughts on a meet-up?  Any hotel recommendations?  I'm flying from out-of-town.

ohiodeb

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2014, 05:57:08 PM »
Hi all,

I am a VERY longtime listener and fan, and I'm finally biting the bullet and attending Number 500!!  I will be coming from Ohio on the MegaBus and am currently looking for a hotel, B and B, or other accommodation close to the Music Box and also close to public transit.  I am planning on visiting the Art Institute on Sunday and possibly Monday as well.  I need some suggestions for where to stay; can anyone help me out?  I can't afford the rates for most of the hotels I've looked at (Loop is $3-400 a night) and I don't know where the B and B's are in relation to the theatre. 

Help me, Obi Wan, you're my only hope.

Thanks from Deb in Ohio. 

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2014, 06:50:00 PM »
I wish I could be more useful to those of you coming from out of town, but I really don't know anything about lodging to recommend. :-\ Location-wise, The Music Box is easily accessible by the Red & Brown train lines, as well as numerous bus stops, so it's not very difficult to get to (here's more detailed transit info from their website if it helps). Looking north of the loop is your best bet to avoid the down-town premium.

love