1 (4.5%)
Treasure Planet
0 (0%)
The Princess and the Frog
1 (4.5%)
Moana
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Musker, John and Clements, Ron  (Read 2859 times)

1SO

• Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: Musker, John and Clements, Ron
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 12:54:00 AM »
"Friend Like Me" is my choice for the greatest song in Disney animated history. Aladdin is also my favorite film of the Disney Renaissance (1989-1999). I recently revisited The Great Mouse Detective. I feared the worst, but, much to my surprise, it holds up incredibly well.

I could be overrating The Princess and the Frog. There are a lot of problems with that movie, however, I love the aesthetic and the music so, so much.
I can agree with all of this, though when you bring up The Lion King it's easy to talk me away from Aladdin.

Musker and Clements are the only Disney animators whose body of work can hold up to comparison to the famous names at Pixar.

Will

• Justice for Elijah McClain
    • The Alice Guy Blache Show
Re: Musker, John and Clements, Ron
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »
The fart humor and cultural references in THE LION KING don't hold up for me. There are about the same amount of cultural references in ALADDIN, but the commitment that Robin Williams brings to the material is too charming to resist. Outside CIRCLE OF LIFE and BE PREPARED, THE LION KING is one of the more average Disney movies out there. It's a Hollywoodized version of BAMBI - bigger, dumber, more melodramatic.

love