love

Author Topic: What are you driving/riding/cycling?  (Read 6425 times)

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
Re: What are you driving/riding/cycling?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 01:11:15 AM »
Not had a car in 10 years, only drive about once a year in a rental. My bike is a trek but can't remember the model. My shoes are from Asics

I never got around to renewing my Drivers license back in 2015 so longer drive. Still have my Trek bike that only occasionally gets ridden.  Otherwise, people say they get around by BMW around here, Bus, MRT, and Walk
"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 01:31:00 AM »
This is my current bike, which is my main transport to work.

2017 BMC Roadmachine 02

P.S. My one has pedals

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 10:42:02 PM »
Still this (2000 Ford Navigator)

or sometimes this (2003 Subaru Forester)

and for fun, this (Schwinn Cruiser)

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »
My current land and water transportation.

colonel_mexico

• Elite Member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 08:28:05 PM »
Driving a 2016 Camry, but about to enter the market as I enter a new phase of my career and life...looking at Mercedes SUV's perhaps something in the GLE class. I really would like a Dodge Viper, the used ones are pretty affordable, but with kids it is not going to happen or be allowed right now lol
"What do you want me to do draw you a picture?! Spell it out?! Don't ever ask me, as long as you live don't ever ask me more!"

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 11:35:52 PM »
I've got an '94 Ford Explorer (like this). Parents bought it new when I was 10. I bought it from them when I was 30. Still in excellent shape. I've got the passenger seats out for maximum haulage.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2018, 02:54:56 PM »
I haven't had a car this year. I got to the stage where I felt I didn't want/need a car. Also travelling to Sheffield for work was getting more and more expensive,
petrol and parking could easily amount to £75 per week. I've never been a heavy car user anyway, add to the fact I'm able to work from home the need for a car
is even less so. I'm more than happy to travel by bus and tram (see photos below ;D). A combined day bus and tram ticket, a 'Day Tripper' costs about £5, absolute bargain.

I'm intrigued by the number of cyclists on the forum and I think it's something I might consider. I like the fatbike in Antares post,
I think something like that would be Ideal for cycling in and around Sheffield/North Derbyshire for me :)

...edit. Think I might start doing more walking ;D

« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:13:43 PM by Monty »

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

love