love

Author Topic: #6 and #7: Ones From the Vaults  (Read 5624 times)

alexarch

• Godfather
#6 and #7: Ones From the Vaults
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 12:57:08 PM »
So, I'm almost done with Ep. #6.

'Coupla points:

1) Sam has a cold or hasn't figured out how to not sniffle on-air.

2) Adam and Sam both speak in staccato phrases parsed by quick breaths.  Again, they probably learned to not do that.

3) MAGNUSFROMBERLIN is featured in a feedback!!  Really Magnus, you've been there from the beginning!  Boy, you need to get to posting.  It's a damn dirty shame that you're not a "Senior Member."

4) The Top 5s are what would now be considered "wholly uninspired."  Rocky?  Come on guys.  Whouda thunk you guys used to be so, in Sam's word from the same episode, milquetoast?

5) Whatever happened to the "Bad Marketing" segment?  I'm not saying it's particularly missed.  I'm just curious.

6) AdamandSam are very polite with each other, but the seeds of "I hear what you're saying, but you're completely wrong" are there, and those Sam-haters out there will be happy to know that he's always been an opinionated mouthy jerk that has to have the last word.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »
Quote from: "alexarch"
... and those Sam-haters out there will be happy to know that he's always been an opinionated mouthy jerk that has to have the last word.

Maybe that's why I like Sam.

MAGNUSFROMBERLIN is featured in a feedback!! Really Magnus, you've been there from the beginning! Boy, you need to get to posting. It's a damn dirty shame that you're not a "Senior Member."

I remember that!  At first I didn't quite understand the name....and then it hit me.  He's crazy.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:27:10 PM »
Quote from: "karlwinslow"
... and those Sam-haters out there will be happy to know that he's always been an opinionated mouthy jerk that has to have the last word.

Maybe that's why I like Sam.
Oh, don't get me wrong.  I loves me some Sammy-Sam-Sam; I'm on record as saying that Sam is by far my favorite Filmspotting host, and that Adam is inferior in all ways.  I'm just saying the Sam-haters have had reason since the beginning.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 01:29:42 PM »
Oh, don't get me wrong.  I loves me some Sammy-Sam-Sam; I'm on record as saying that Sam is by far my favorite Filmspotting host, and that Adam is inferior in all ways.  I'm just saying the Sam-haters have had reason since the beginning.

I guess if your saying that Sam has never changed who he is...then I agree.  Mad Props Sam!.  Success hasn't changed you, except maybe now you buy nicer shirts.

alexarch

• Godfather
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 02:02:31 PM »
Dear Board Overlords:

Re: My Last Couple of Posts

Jokes.  All jokes.  Please don't make me work the salt-mines again.

Sincerely,

Alex Knesnik
Master Jokester

Adam

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Filmspotting
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »
You are so lucky you posted that. Whether you mean it or not.

Sam and I have been friends since around 2000. We saw two movies in the theater together before doing Filmspotting -- Roger Dodger and The Good Girl. But I think that's it. When we started Filmspotting, we probably corresponded with each other about once a month, in person, by phone or email. Obviously that has changed.
Follow Filmspotting on Twitter at http://twitter.com/filmspotting

Listen to Filmspotting at https://www.filmspotting.net/ and on Chicago Public Radio (91.5 FM)

crumpet

• slithographer
    • CrumpArt
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 04:31:57 AM »
I loved listening to the podcasts -- I might go back and download me some more. :D

Especially considering your first podcast WAS RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY.  I expect a happy birthday message in your Extra Special Anniversary Show next year, of course. :)

MagnusFromBerlin

• Stumpfer Gegenstand
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 04:17:39 PM »

3) MAGNUSFROMBERLIN is featured in a feedback!!  Really Magnus, you've been there from the beginning!  Boy, you need to get to posting.  It's a damn dirty shame that you're not a "Senior Member."

My first feedback ever... ah ze memories...
I'm a senior as I wanna be, regardless what it says on the side...

love