0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Pets?  (Read 5267 times)

JakeIsntFake

• Nothing that a few mega-vitamins couldn't cure
    • 2015 Watchlist
Pets?
« on: August 17, 2014, 05:17:55 PM »
My apologies if this already exists, but do you or did you have pets? If yes, elaborate! If no, elaborate!

I had a golden retriever named Trevor who died last September, who we had for 12 years or so. Around 8 years ago, we found a kitten in the forest who had been abandoned, and we took her in; her name is Misty. Finally, it's been about a month since we got Kobe, our rhodesian ridgeback (?, he's a shelter dog).
What a world
"The detail of the pattern is movement"
ICheckMovies
Top 40

Melvil

• Godfather
  • Eek
Re: Pets?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 05:31:42 PM »
I know we've seen a good deal of pets in the Post a Picture thread, but I would not be opposed to seeing pictures appear here as well. :)

I had two cats (siblings) that made it 18 years starting when I was 5. They were the best. Don't have any pictures on hand, unfortunately.

Lately I've been keeping my eye on the local shelters in the interest of adopting my first dog, but I may not be able to make that commitment until next year.

Bill Thompson

• Objectively Awesome
  • DOOM!!!!
    • Bill's Movie Emporium
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
Ever since I met my wife we've been a house full of pets and furry family members because the dogs and cats are family to us, not just pets. Right now we're at our lowest number in a while, but we still have,

8 year old Beagle/German Shorthair Pointer Mix, Pandora Tiana
1 year old Bluetick Coonhound, Artemis Belle
18 year old mut of a cat, Thanu Leila (Dani)

Rosehair Tarantula, Hermione
Box Turtle, Bonus Jonas
Ball Python, Kiara
Crested Gecko, Cora
Leopard Gecko, Liz
2 White's Tree Frogs, Croakey & Ribbity
4 corn snakes, Mr. Cornelius Cobberton (He will become a professor once my wife gets her own classroom), Capracorn, Maize, Okee
Tiger Salamander, Tiger

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 06:27:45 PM »
I had a golden retriever named Trevor who died last September, who we had for 12 years or so.

We just lost our 12-year-old golden retriever (Cooper) too.

Remaining are 1 dog and 5 cats.  It's a zoo around here.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 06:53:27 PM »
A foxhound named Jessie. About 8-9 years old.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
Quickly dead fishies aside, I got my first pet when I was 8. He (Sox) was about 5 weeks old when we picked him up and we ended up putting him down a few years ago at 19 because he had developed some kidney and such ailments. He was an indoor/outdoor cat so this is a pretty astounding run (aided a bit by us living on a cul-de-sac with a decent sized yard so he wasn't immediate to traffic). He had a few run-ins with a fox that on and off took up residence in our yard. Once had to take him in for a bite to his head but he soldiered on just fine.

Best Sox story...after my brother had moved out he got a german shepherd. He was visiting along with his dog one weekend...at this point maybe 6 months old. The dog was out in the yard when Sox bolted outside after her and she came running inside to people for safety. Suffice it to say the 6 month old shepherd was much larger than Sox but I guess that's what home field advantage gets you.

I've had Rama now for about a year and a half. He's 13. Whereas Sox was direct from a family whose cat had a litter to get rid of, Rama was a shelter cat. They were very excited when we picked him because people don't tend to adopt old cats and he'd been at the shelter for a while and failed at one placement because he doesn't play well with children (something we have in common). He's at once deeply loving and irascible. Definitely a nipper.

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:54:01 PM »
Another picture of Jeff. Jake is an enabler.

My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 08:01:48 AM »
Currently have 1 dog, she is a 1 (next week) year old Border Collie:

She is a handful to say the least but also a lot of fun.  She just recently came into heat for the first time so even a bit more of a challenge. 

Aside from the various hamsters and fish growing up, my family also had a dog and 2 cats and for a few years we kept a pet raccoon. 

This is me with Rascal when we lived in Canada sometime probably 1975 or 1976 I think. 

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • "What we see and what we seem are but a dream."
    • A Journal of Film
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:10 PM »
Currently have 1 dog, she is a 1 (next week) year old Border Collie:
Beautiful!

oneaprilday

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome