love

Author Topic: You're the Worst  (Read 1384 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
You're the Worst
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »
Please, just watch this show. It's the funniest thing on TV right now. It's hilarious, raunchy, and heartfelt. The small cast is just fantastic, especially Aya Cash who is hopefully on her way to big things.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
Re: You're the Worst
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »
The last show I worked on we filmed along with Mad Men, Black Jesus and this. I don't think we're going to belong with such esteemed company.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »
Ha! I noticed some scenes in the Los Angeles Center Studios.

jswysin

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 10:28:55 AM »
I second this recommendation.  Initially only watched it because it was paired with Married, a promising show with a great cast if nothing else.  But Married was a disappointment, not terrible, but nothing I ever felt compelled to continue watching.  You're the Worst on the other hand was pretty great from the get go and only got better.  Aya Cash and Chris Geere come out of nowhere with fantastic chemistry.  It's darkly funny, never letting you forget that these people are pretty terrible to everyone around them, yet really romantic and sweet at the same time.  This was a nice surprise I hope gets a second season but I think even if it doesn't get renewed it ends on a great note, feeling like a complete story.  Watch it.   

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »
So I did watch the pilot, even though most half-hour comedy shows and me are unmixy things. This one is a bit like Californication toned down for basic cable. Not too bad, but nothing I feel the urge to catch up with either.

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 12:40:43 AM »
I watched a little bit of this the other night and the lead girl was pretty grating.

love