Author Topic: What Movie Is Playing Right Now  (Read 200026 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: What Movie Is Playing Right Now
« Reply #2060 on: March 19, 2020, 09:44:06 AM »
We -- Carrie and I, our pseudo-daughter Megann, and Megann's live-in girlfriend Stephanie -- have been revisiting the LOTR trilogy (extended editions) too. We only have a brief window each night -- between when the toddler goes to sleep and when the rest of us go to sleep -- so it took us three nights to get through Fellowship. It's been a week since then, but we haven't gotten to Two Towers yet because the girls are always off on their own playing the Switch. I'd like to get back to it soon, it's been fun. Also, Two Towers is my favorite.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #2061 on: March 19, 2020, 04:08:11 PM »
We -- Carrie and I, our pseudo-daughter Megann, and Megann's live-in girlfriend Stephanie -- have been revisiting the LOTR trilogy (extended editions) too. We only have a brief window each night -- between when the toddler goes to sleep and when the rest of us go to sleep -- so it took us three nights to get through Fellowship. It's been a week since then, but we haven't gotten to Two Towers yet because the girls are always off on their own playing the Switch.

The fellowship is breaking. It has already begun.

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2062 on: March 20, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »
Extended...had to put it on hold for today because I actually had work to do! But tomorrow, it's on.
A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #2063 on: March 25, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
I feel like I should be watching more movies during quarantine, but my wife and I seem to be focused on binging through Love is Blind and Schitt's Creek instead. I have fit in these over the past three weeks or so:

Ocean's 11
Ocean's 12
Ocean's 13
Ocean's 8
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
Rounders
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2064 on: April 10, 2020, 03:37:36 PM »
Fanny & Alexander(!)

The five-hour cut

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2065 on: April 10, 2020, 03:49:21 PM »
Fanny & Alexander(!)

The five-hour cut

One of us! One of us! You should know that my opinion of you rests on your response to this one. I'm only half-joking.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #2066 on: April 15, 2020, 09:16:36 AM »
My alone time lately has been spent binging "The Deuce", and most of my time with Carrie we've been switching between "Doctor Who" and "Masterchef Professionals". So here's what's STILL left from my previous posts:

Some stuff I've got lined up:

and that's not including all the rewatches (still have like 2/3 of that Bergman box to get through...)

Even though I've barely made a dent in the last batch of stuff I posted, I lined up a bunch more from my watchlist. This ought to keep me busy for a while.

(those last three are Vidheyan, Rent-a-Cat, and Ohikkoshi)

On top of all that, Bergman's Rabies and The Misanthrope finally have subtitles (which will leave The Bacchae and Don Juan as the only Bergman-directed material I haven't seen), and I've got Extra Ordinary and It Started As a Joke lined up. Think I'm going to try to squeeze in a movie this afternoon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 10:07:34 AM by MartinTeller »

Eric/E.T.

• Elite Member
« Reply #2067 on: April 15, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »
MT - You talked in another thread about wanting to have The Mirror on Blu-ray. I strongly feel that for The Apple, look forward to your opinion. Rafiki is also one I need to get to.

Actually, I think if I could have any job in the film industry, it would be as a niche distributor of out-of-print and never-in-print foreign films. I'd have to outsource a lot of knowledge, but I'd also buy-up North American rights (if that's how it works) to some films I already love and get to see lots more that are impossible to get to without knowing the dark arts of the internet. Somehow I don't think Shark Tank will fund my effort.  :(

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #2068 on: April 18, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
Let us begin to revisit the 2010s!

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #2069 on: April 18, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »