love

Author Topic: Survivor 30 - Worlds Apart  (Read 4980 times)

MattDrufke

Re: Survivor 30 - Worlds Apart
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 07:38:56 AM »
Well, I guess we were right about Dan being a big part of the reunion. More on that later.

A few thoughts to wrap up the season:

1. Didn't love how the last grand jury shaped up, from a viewer. None of the candidates got to make an opening speech, and I missed when the jury would ask questions as opposed to just standing up and giving pointless, petty diatribes.

2. I haven't been following Dan in the press, but whatever he was saying must've been enough to CBS to let Jeff Probst off of his leash and go for the throat. I can't recall a reunion where a contestant was so attacked for what he said/did after the show. But Dan was a tool, and he got what he deserved. You can only use the, "I was wrong..." argument so many times.

3. I would've loved to be at the Ponderosa where Will & Shirin had their apology.

All in all, an entertaining season. Sad I have to wait 9 months for new episodes.
@ihatemattdrufke

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2015, 03:33:16 AM »
Yeah, I wish we could've seen Mike point out how all his paranoia was justified. I did love Jenn's speech, though. Glad Jeff made fun of Rodney's birthday whining, too.

Really excited to see Spencer as part of the cast next season. I hope he and Joe formed an alliance on their way up to the stage.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

MattDrufke

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »
I like Spencer, too.

I tell you who my girlfriend is not excited is on the show: Wu. Because whenever he did anything the last season he was on, I would make the Ric Flair, "Wooo!" noise.
@ihatemattdrufke

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2015, 04:01:10 PM »
I was remembering last night how Wu doesn't seem like a real person so much as a character on some Saturday morning live-action kids show. California Dreams, or something like that.

http://youtu.be/fupu1qxUhiI

pixote
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:04:44 PM by pixote »
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad