Author Topic: Filmspotter's Favourites  (Read 6230 times)

ses

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Sarah's Kitchen Adventures
Re: Filmspotter's Favourites
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »
That was so amazing!!!  And a few surprises in there.  Loved it!
"It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

http://sarahskitchenadventures.blogspot.com/

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:15 AM »
And a few surprises in there.

Yeah, that was pretty great. And I didn't realize before that someone had Claire Denis' Trouble Every Day as his favorite film.

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 01:23:24 AM »
I love all the screenshots!  You took so much time to find a wonderful shot for each film. 

Notice you didn't put farris on.  His would be Synedoche, NY, I believe.

I will need to watch the few I haven't seen yet.  I don't suppose you have the list handy, do you?
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 07:38:51 AM »
I will have to remember to come back and watch this when I'm not at work lol. Thanks for putting this together smirnoff! Maybe in conjunction we can rejuvenate this thread!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."

verbALs

• Godfather
  • Snort Life-DOR
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »
@noff I got the idea you were collecting impressions about the nature of favourite films....or maybe that was just me giving them to you anyway.....I do that  :P
I used to encourage everyone I knew to make art; I don't do that so much anymore. - Banksy

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 04:42:28 PM »
@noff I got the idea you were collecting impressions about the nature of favourite films....or maybe that was just me giving them to you anyway.....I do that  :P

I'm glad you did. Mainly I just thought it would be better keeping it a surprise. :)

I love all the screenshots!  You took so much time to find a wonderful shot for each film. 

Notice you didn't put farris on.  His would be Synedoche, NY, I believe.

Yea, I used an arbitrary cut off of being active within the last year. That's why he didn't show up on the list. My thinking was that the list would be most useful if it was current... representive of the community as it exists now, and not as it used to exist.

I will need to watch the few I haven't seen yet.  I don't suppose you have the list handy, do you?

Yea, I hope to convert it into a more checkable format shortly, and keep it in that first post. And hopefully keep it updated. :)

I will have to remember to come back and watch this when I'm not at work lol. Thanks for putting this together smirnoff! Maybe in conjunction we can rejuvenate this thread!

That's soemthing I will try to incorporate when I post the list. A space for links to writings on that film.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »
update

-Updated the front page with a text list. I included links to do user-specific and general google queries, and also a space for official reviews for anyone who has written what they feel is their "definitive thoughts" on a film, however they want to define that. You can pm me the link to that post and I'll update the list to include it.

Anyone who wants me to make any changes to the exisitng list, or who wants to be added or removed from the list, just let me know and I'll be happy to do it.

I'll also try and keep the slideshow up to date as well, not that I really imagine people will be going through it multiple times, but new members may want to take a look, and HOPEFULLY be a part of the fun. :)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:45:31 PM by smirnoff »

jmbossy

• Generally Critical
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 12:52:32 AM »
Great work Noff!
So far I've absolutely loved my time on these boards, and its always nice to see our individual tastes celebrated like this. I gave out a delighted little squeek anytime I saw one of your guys' tastes validated my appreciation for something.

I think after all of my Essentials marathons I will compile any remaining films on this list and marathon them as well.

Also, congratulations AAAustin and Shin for giving the correct answer.

smirnoff

• Objectively Awesome
    • smirnoff's Top 100
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 01:21:44 PM »
Cheers jmbossy. :)

small update
The boards seem to have a limit on how many links you can have in a post, and it was messing up my table, so I simplified it. I'll work on it though to include the reviews at least.

ferris

• Objectively Awesome
  • "Bravo Vincent....Bravo!"
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
"And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs" - Exodus 8:2 KJV
(switchboard)