Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  (Read 9562 times)

Knocked Out Loaded

• Elite Member
  • I might remember it all differently tomorrow.
Re: Mad Max: Fury Road
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 04:54:47 AM »
Given the visuals surrounding the drums and the guitar; and given that the visuals generally lent themselves to a kickass soundtrack. Given all that the music was disappointing.

We saw it together with my wife's grandson who said it felt like having a Pantera album on repeat. I'm not sure wether that is a postitive or a negative comment.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:06:35 AM by Knocked Out Loaded »
Extraordinary (81-100˚) | Very good (61-80˚) | Good (41-60˚) | Fair (21-40˚) | Poor (0-20˚)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 06:02:32 PM »
God I miss this place! I forgot it's one of the only sane places on the net to talk about film.

I agree with most people itt. I thought the action was outstanding but the story was pretty poorly executed and paper thin. I wish Miller had the guts to just skip the narrative ala Luc Besson's Le Dernier Combat.

P.S. Hey everyone. It's been awhile.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Clovis!!

I just saw your name appear. What a beautiful sight! Welcome back. :)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
Clovis!!

I just saw your name appear. What a beautiful sight! Welcome back. :)

Thanks.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »
I like the plot. It's simple. Meanwhile, the world design and context is complex and compelling. I love that balance. Also dig how it explores religion and hope instead of simply keeping it a survival story...or maybe hope is necessary for survival.  ;)

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
I thought it did a pretty terrible job of exploring the religious ideas. Everyone is suppose to be a part of a suicide cult religion where killing yourself in service of the leader is considered the surest path to the afterlife yet twice the film has characters just instantly drop their worldview. First time is when Nux goes from suicide bomber to freedom fighter is seconds because a pretty girl smiled at him. The other time is the ending where the entire community instantly turns from brainwashed cult into cheering their leader is dead.  The film wants to have it both ways with characters eager to kill themselves for their leader while secretly wishing he were dead.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 06:33:48 PM »
I assumed that was part of the class system and those people only worshed the person because they gave them water. Meanwhile, the people who ride adhere to a warrior/suicide religion. I think there's a lot more going onto the world and society that's left for us to infer.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 06:39:31 PM »
I assumed that was part of the class system and those people only worshed the person because they gave them water. Meanwhile, the people who ride adhere to a warrior/suicide religion. I think there's a lot more going onto the world and society that's left for us to infer.

Perhaps but that doesn't explain Nux instantly dropping his religion with no motivation

saltine

• Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 06:42:39 PM »
Hey, Clovis8, good to see you here and commenting.  The forum has grown by many threads since you were here regularly.  Wish you'd stick around.
Texan Down Under

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 06:44:03 PM »
Hey, Clovis8, good to see you here and commenting.  The forum has grown by many threads since you were here regularly.  Wish you'd stick around.

Thanks. I've been looking around. It looks great. Guess this place didn't crumble without me.  ;)

love