Author Topic: The Episodes of Fairy Tail--One at a time  (Read 21003 times)

IdeaThy12

• I made the image I'm using for myprofile alsois oc
    • The Fiction Hub~
The Episodes of Fairy Tail--One at a time
« on: June 21, 2015, 01:32:29 AM »
Okay, now that Filmspotting is doing this "one by one" sorta thing, I can get behind it.

I'd like to warn anyone, though, that this thread...well...Fairy Tail is an anime (fantasy, adventure, comedy) that has over...maybe 300+ episodes. It's only confirmed that it will be 250+ and it's not even all out yet. Even a review a day will...take a good chunk of a year. So...you've been warned.

Also, it's an anime. Fanservice exists. It's there. It's heavy. Be glad I'm not reviewing the manga which has even MORE fanservice...
That...is all I'd like to say. The first review goes up on June 21st, 2015.
If you do follow this marathon, thank you~ ^^
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

~Levy McGarden (Fairy Tail)

heisenbergman

• Hey.
Re: The Episodes of Fairy Tail--One at a time
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:47:34 AM »
I've been on an anime binge for the past month or two. Finished Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood then Stein;s Gate then I'm past halfway watching Monster now, with Code Glass and Clannad queued up.

I've come across Fairy Tail but I got overwhelmed by the sheer number of episodes. Good luck with this!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 03:02:20 AM by heisenbergman »

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
Alright...let's get this started on this review.

Fairy Tail Episode One: The Fairy Tail

I suppose you could say that it's a weak start to a GREAT anime, because it is. Until I saw the later episodes, though, I thought it was awesome. Mostly this episode is more about introducing the world to you and the guild that the anime will surround for the rest of the show.
Aye, sir, this is the obligatory annoying starter episode that every anime has.

Magic is like electronics for us in the country of Fiore--necessary to everyday life. It's used for mundane arts such as cooking or teaching--but there are also wizards. Wizards are people who use magic to defend the world of Earthland, or destroy it.
Our story follows a seventeen year old girl named Lucy as she gains rank in the wizarding world.

The episode starts with a train showing a sakura(cherry blossom for those who don't know) haired boy and...a blue, talking cat. They're looking for a "salamander" who supposedly was in the Port town of Hargeon. Before long it cuts to Lucy, though. She's in a magic shop looking for "powerful gate keys", though the shop owner didn't know that...so he advertised until she told him what she wanted.

But soon it's introduced that there's a salamander in town indeed--though there's something fishy about him.

Lucy wants to be a member of the Fairy Tail guild so badly that she'll go to plenty of measures to get there, but there's always a limit.

4/5* for the first episode.

Anything else I say will be spoilers about the episode...:P

Anyway--the next review might be a little later than it was today tomorrow because I'm taking the Compass test tomorrow for early admission to college classes Fall term. See you guys when the review is up~
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:27:49 PM by IdeaThy12 »
"Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what happened and continue living." ~Erza Scarlet (Fairy Tail)

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:29:14 PM »
I have no idea what is going on in that world, but keep writing. :) Good luck with your test!

Oh! I like your signature. Very wise.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
^^ The first episode doesn't explain it very well. Frankly, Mashima-san just kinda was making it sorta "meh" at first since it wasn't supposed to be huge. :P And thank you for the luck. x.x I only have to take the reading and writing, so it should be easy.

Anyway, yeah, Fairy Tail can be a wise show ^^ Both quotes are from Fairy Tail.

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 06:35:42 PM »
 :)

Good to know.

roujin

• Objectively Awesome
  • it's all research
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 06:57:18 PM »
This might get me to watch more Fairy Tail. Remember hating the first 4 or so episodes I watched back then. Considered it as derivative of One Piece and then moved on.

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:43:49 PM »
^^

And roujin, you really can't give up on it after the first four episodes! Especially when a new company took over making the subbed stuff at episode 176 it got WAY better. The animation quality is through the roof now. I've always loved the story, so I can't really say a thing about that...but if you still hate it through the Phantom Lord arc, then it may not be the best anime for you...we'll see! I'm doing the episodes one by one, after all!

oldkid

• Objectively Awesome
  • Hi there! Feed me worlds!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 08:22:18 PM »
See, roujin, you've only got 172 episodes to endure, and then it gets much better.
"It's not art unless it has the potential to be a disaster." Bansky

IdeaThy12

• The Fiction Hub~
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 02:13:57 AM »
Actually...he has 234 to endure until next Saturday. Then it'll be 235.