love

Author Topic: Mr. Robot  (Read 5605 times)

Alan Smithee

• Elite Member
    • http://cherrypicker.tumblr.com/
Mr. Robot
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:36:57 AM »
Anybody catch this show yet. Its pretty good for a show that comes on USA Network. Its got a real David Fincher vibe to it.

Clovis8

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Mr. Robot
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 05:21:35 PM »
Loving it. Easily the most accurate TV show ever made in terms of technology.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:18:53 AM »
Checked out the first episode and I really liked the closeness to the character. Makes him an unreliable narrator and the show is better for that.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:26:12 PM »
Just watched the pilot and thought it was fantastic. Just completely absorbed in every moment. What an episode.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 01:37:46 PM »
It's been awhile since I've actually anticipated the day a show airs. Even shows I've really loved I could wait a day or two to catch, but boy am I excited for Wednesdays this summer. Can't believe there are only two episodes left.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 04:42:29 PM »
Mr. Robot (S01E01)
My kind of television. It's smart and compelling. The characters are interesting. I want to follow them into further episodes. I can't wait to see what happens next. This first episode maintains such high quality that it creates an uncanny valley, where an occasional line or brief moment stands out as being more conventional than the rest. I really like the look of it too. While it's not flashy, there's a feeling where inside a secret world that's right beneath our surface and it's exciting to see what we find.
* * * 1/2

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 06:44:48 PM »
You're in for a heck of a ride. I plan on re-watching the whole season.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
Mr. Robot (S01E02)
It's practically an inevitable certainty that Episode 2 will not be as good as the Pilot. Months if not years are spent putting everything into that first episode and when the show goes to series, it's time to start planning for a longer term of service. There's still a lot to like about the series and this episode, however the Pilot's compelling momentum is absent. This is little more than a pretty good episode of television.
* * * - Okay

goodguy

• Elite Member
  • Colleen West was here.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:50:40 AM »
That was my impression as well. I really liked the Pilot, but after seeing the second episode I dropped the show. I did eventually get back to it, and it continues to be pretty solid and watchable, but I'm not enthusiastic about it.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 11:40:49 AM »
Agree. I stopped writing episode summaries because 5 episodes in, only the Pilot is a standout. (Really despise the way the show is playing out the drug use story.) It's okay, and based on the buzz, I'm sure it's going to get better, but it's become rare when there's a moment that equals the high bar set by the Pilot.