Author Topic: Personal Emmy's 2015  (Read 1713 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
Personal Emmy's 2015
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:25 PM »
Emmy's have been announced with the usual How-Could-This-And-Not-That-Be-Nominated hand-wringing. So, if you were an Emmy voter what would be on your list that didn't make the cut? My biggest differences would be in the two main categories:

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

The Americans
The Knick
Rectify
Empire
(Hannibal apparently wasn't eligible due to its air dates this year)

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES

Broad City
You're the Worst
High Maintenance (if Hulu and Netflix count why can't Vimeo?)

LEAD ACTOR, DRAMA

Matthew Rhys - The Americans
Aden Young - Rectify

LEAD ACTRESS, DRAMA

Keri Russel - The Americans

LEAD ACTRESS, COMEDY

Aya Cash - You're the Worst
Ilana Glazer - Broad City

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:12:17 PM by philip918 »

philip918

• Elite Member
Re: Personal Emmy's 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:59:39 PM »
Also, Cliff Martinez for his work on The Knick would be my favorite in OUTSTANDING MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR A SERIES.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:17:52 AM »
Needs more Justified and The Americans.

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 12:20:04 PM »
Needs more Justified and The Americans.

The Americans can take home everything as far as I'm concerned. I bailed on Justified during season five, which was just awful.

maņana

• Objectively Awesome
  • Check your public library
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
The real life Amy Schumer best actress nomination is pretty great. My personal Emmys would give everything to Broad City and The Americans.
There's no deceit in the cauliflower.

jswysin

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 03:50:05 PM »
Obviously, I'd start by nominating The Americans all over the board, with Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys getting much deserved attention as well as supporting players Holly Taylor and Alison Wright and while I love Margo Martindale, Lois Smith deserved that guest actress spot.  The show isn't the flashiest directed show but I think "Open House" could have been nominated with that great slow-speed chase and the tooth removal scene.

I'd second some love for You're the Worst and Broad City as well and would have loved to see Ellie Kemper get a nom for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  I didn't love Justified's final season but I'd put Timothy Olyphant ahead of Kyle Chandler.  Oh, and I know everyone loves Jonathan Banks but I would have preferred to see Michael McKean get the recognition.     

StudentOFilm

• Elite Member
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »
Despite love for American Horror Story (and Fargo from last year), I'm so damn surprised the ignoring of other FX programs like you guys- Justified, The Americans, Sons of Anarchy. Maybe it's a question of spreading the wealth. Also this being Mad Men's last season (and it was a good one IMO), I expected that to take up a decent number of spots.

I also expected more The Knick. But overall, I'd say the Emmys got a lot right (Ben Mendelsohn was going to be my big "if this doesn't happen, you've got to be kidding me").
"Be yourself, unless you suck."- Joss Whedon

My Switchboard