love

Poll

If you're the only one standing in your section at a concert:

Sit down. I don't want people to get mad.
8 (80%)
Remain standing. It's a concert. And I PAID for these tickets
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Concert etiquette 101: To stand or not to stand....  (Read 6915 times)

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
Re: Concert etiquette 101: To stand or not to stand....
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »
Mumford and Sons started a recent concert by saying, "Stand up if you want to. F--k the people behind you."

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad

Sandy

• Objectively Awesome
  • "The life we build, we never stop creating.”
    • Sandy's Cinematic Musings
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
 :D Well, there you have it!

Corndog, I've been on a Lone Bellows jag and am really loving their sound. My favorites so far are You Never Need Nobody and Take My Love. Gorgeous! What a happy memory for you. I'm so glad this concert was your first date!

Monty, of course that was your favorite concert! I can think of nothing more perfect for you, except if I could travel you back in time to July 4, 1966, somewhere along the first base line in Shea Stadium.

Col., Luckily youtube has concert footage from 2008. Is that when you were there? I recognize Omar and Cedric. :) That's some crazy high energy! I know so little about the band still, but my favorite so far is L'Via L'Viaquez. I know one A Perfect Circle song, so it's my favorite so far too. Weak and Powerless. I also think it may be hard to beat.

Fun evening of music. Thanks for sharing!

Edit! youtube cylced over to APC's 3 Libras. That's a contender!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:45:29 PM by Sandy »

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 09:50:08 PM »
In general, I prefer to sit in most concerts regardless of how much I may or not move.  I think the most frustrating concert I was at was The Firm (Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers) back in the mid 80s.  It was at the Rosemont Horizon outside of Chicago and we had floor seats.  Buying a scrawny high school kid, everybody else was much taller than I was and stood on the chairs.  For a good part of the show I had to stand on top of the back of the folding chair in front of me and the back of my folding chair to see any of the show.  somehow I managed not to fall and break a leg but back then I would have been sober for the show

I am not likely to really dance at a show, I'm still a little stiff and self concious.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

don s.

• Elite Member
  • You had me at "Hello, here's $50."
    • my movie collection
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 05:37:37 PM »
Was flight not an option?
My TV ain't HD / that's too real

Teal | Green | Lime Green | Orange | Red

Corndog

• Objectively Awesome
  • Oo-da-lolly, Oo-da-lolly, golly what a day!
    • Corndog Chats
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
Corndog, I've been on a Lone Bellows jag and am really loving their sound. My favorites so far are You Never Need Nobody and Take My Love. Gorgeous! What a happy memory for you. I'm so glad this concert was your first date!

So happy Sandy! We do really love The Lone Bellow. They are maybe my favorite band to share!
"Time is the speed at which the past decays."