Author Topic: Streaming  (Read 17321 times)

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
Re: Streaming
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2020, 08:38:58 AM »
Just wait until 2025 where all movies are cropped to the mobile phone vertical aspect ratio.

1SO

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Marathon Man
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2020, 10:51:17 AM »
Meeks' Cutoff will look pretty much the same.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2020, 08:40:11 PM »
I still don't really understand aspect ratio unless it's really in your face like Meek's, Waves, or Mommy.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2020, 08:10:00 PM »
Deerskin is on some virtual cinemas this week. You may say that $12 is too much for a 77 minute film, but you have to also factor in that it's probably the best 2020 release of the year thus far. Killer style.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2020, 09:34:47 PM »
Was thinking about checking it out. I feel like you weren't the only one touting it highly.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »
Saw it with iKeith! at the festival and believe he is also a fan. Think there were some other pockets last year around Filmspots time, but not enough to get it over the hump.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2020, 11:59:18 AM »
So, Disney+ with one of the biggest announcements in the world of streaming. July 3 drop of Hamilton, a year ahead of schedule. Finally 1SO's pre-year placeholder rankings can be accurate.

It's an interesting decision. Obviously since it is based on filming the staged performances, the production cost is de minimus, but it still probably would have done quite good business at theatres. So it doesn't have the argument against pushing it to streaming that the big blockbusters do in terms of recouping costs but it is still a big opportunity cost. Still, imagine it will be a big thing to push sign-ups on the service, and comes at a time when the live stagings are cancelled for the foreseeable future so it is no longer rivalrous of itself.

I have eight tickets to a late-summer staging here in Denver (I already saw it in Minneapolis)...imagine they'll probably end up cancelled but if they don't I wonder if the availability of the streaming version will reduce my ability to get friends/acquaintances to pay for some of my tickets as originally planned, and certainly to sell on to strangers.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2020, 08:36:14 PM »
Wish someone would do that with Book Of Mormon, I'll still watch this though since I think it won the Pulitzer, and I'm not reading the actual stage play.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2020, 06:10:56 PM »
Think Fourteen hits some virtual cinemas this weekend? Great film, made FLY top ten from last year.

Vast Of The Night is also finally coming to Prime within the next week or two as well, I believe, which is def better than Blow The Man Down and has a great performance for fans of Disney's A.N.T. Farm.

pixote

• Administrator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • Up with generosity!
    • yet more inanities!
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2020, 02:20:05 AM »
Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron joins Story to Bother You as films I’d planned to watch on Hulu only to find out they were pan-and-scan. Rented on Amazon instead.

pixote
Great  |  Near Great  |  Very Good  |  Good  |  Fair  |  Mixed  |  Middling  |  Bad