Author Topic: Streaming  (Read 17362 times)

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
Re: Streaming
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2021, 06:22:44 AM »
I liked the first season of Servant (from M Night), which is only about 4 hours I think. Second season less impact.

Ted Lasso is an absolute must. Defending Jacob is bad.

Of the films, I think The Banker is the best thing on AppleTV+.

Junior

• Bert Macklin, FBI
  • Global Moderator
  • Objectively Awesome
  • What's the rumpus?
    • Benefits of a Classical Education
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2021, 08:05:07 AM »
Yeah, Ted Lasso is the best thing on there.
Check out my blog of many topics

“I’m not a quitter, Kimmy! I watched Interstellar all the way to the end!”

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2021, 02:13:05 PM »
Can't bring myself to start Ted Lasso, seems too positive for me(atwad,FLY). Need to watch more Liam shit, haven't seen him in a while, but I think he was recently in something, his action films still hit hard.

Wolfwalkers is really good, On The Rocks is pretty good too, but not my fav S Cops.

Honestly do wonder if I pay for AppleTV+. I've had this iPhone for like 1.5 years almost, but don't think I've been billed for a month of it yet, feel like I'm just on a perpetual free trial at this point.

EDIT: I watched some of Dickinson as well, but never finished it. Hailee was great, ofc, but the show was just fine, and I got a lot of the same in a shorter time out of My Wild Nights With Emily the film.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 02:15:07 PM by FLYmeatwad »

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2021, 05:18:31 AM »
Are you using the watch together feature of the some of streaming services? How have you found they go?

Beavermoose

• Godfather
  • Samsonite! I was way off!
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2021, 07:15:41 AM »
I've been streaming films on Discord. You can just share any of your windows.

Bondo

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2021, 07:19:00 AM »
I’ve done Teleparty plugin and the Amazon one and they go pretty well. Typically choosing rewatches or less serious films where the distraction of chat isn’t a negative.

Dave the Necrobumper

• Objectively Awesome
  • If I keep digging maybe I will get out of this hol
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »
Good to hear, I will have to check one out sometime.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2021, 03:40:21 PM »
I guess this is the place to put this.

I got a lifetime Plex Pass for $90 after a coupon and I'm enjoying it so far. For those not in the know, Plex is a free service that lets you create your own media server for streaming. However, certain features are gated behind a Plex Pass (such as using the mobile app/playback at certain resolutions).

I'm basically riding off of other people's streaming service but long-term I want to build my own library of the shows and movies I want to revisit so that my subscription to any streaming services is minimal or none. I've got favorites like MASH and Community already on the server and most movies from my favorite directors.

It seems like the streaming landscape gets more and more fragmented each month and my goal is to be able to sustain myself on Plex and maybe say a Criterion subscription which I think is pretty doable given how little I'm watching these days.

MartinTeller

• FAB
  • Objectively Awesome
  • martinteller.wordpress.com
    • my movie blog
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2021, 03:58:16 PM »
I've been using Plex for years, it's great. I never paid for a subscription, because I don't ever watch stuff on my phone. Although the 4K features are appealing.

FLYmeatwad

• An Acronym
  • Objectively Awesome
  • I am trying to impress myself. I have yet to do it
    • Processed Grass
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2021, 07:26:16 AM »
Hello.

The Mitchells v The Machines came out on Netflix today. While FLY has had dubious success with animated films from this studio, it is theoretically coming from pedigree being directed and written by some Gravity Falls alumni, and seems to be reviewing very well. Excited to check it out, though do wonder what Hirsch is up to aside from VA work.