Author Topic: Reboot Filmspotting  (Read 2064 times)

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
Re: Reboot Filmspotting
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 10:36:29 PM »
this is a troll right? it feels like a troll.

karlwinslow

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 10:44:12 PM »
I love the length of the reviews, and would actually love to have some longer ones that delve into specifics/spoilers like you guys did with Star Wars.

chardy999

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 06:13:23 AM »
this is a troll right? it feels like a troll.

I don't think it is. It angered me sufficiently to respond.

You can go so many places for content, but Filmspotting continues to produce the best stuff week after week.
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
- Groucho Marx

jdc

• Godfather
  • Accept the mystery
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 06:33:26 AM »
Alongside your Top 5s do some Bottom 5s - most over-rated movies of the year, for instance.

Certainly don't like the idea of a bottom 5.  The Top 5 will usually give me an idea or 2 of films I need to add to my list to watch at a later date.  I don't think the bottom 5 would produce anything really worth watching.

"Beer. Now there's a temporary solution."  Homer S.
“The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and great nations” - David Friedman

Osprey

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 07:29:19 PM »
I love the length of the reviews, and would actually love to have some longer ones that delve into specifics/spoilers like you guys did with Star Wars.

I second this.  I realize it's probably a pain and not all that popular, but I really enjoy shows like the Q&A and even Slate Spoiler specials when I have seen the movie. 

shuabert

• Elite Member
    • Caveat Lector (Personal Tumblr)
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 05:14:21 PM »
Agreed on the reviews and the great combination of Adam and Josh. The depth and care Filmspotting puts into each review is the best part of the show, especially when you get something truly special out of it like the Hateful Eight-Revenant showdown.
I wouldn't mind seeing a format similar to The /Filmcast, where they do a similar spoiler-free review and then spin into a spoiler segment afterwards. Filmspotting has already done this in bonus content occasionally, but I'd love to see it become a more regular segment.