love

Author Topic: Happy Endings  (Read 2809 times)

philip918

• Elite Member
Happy Endings
« on: January 22, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
Catching up with this after episodes were made available on Hulu. We planned on checking out the pilot earlier in the week and ended up watching seven episodes that night. Five days later and we've plowed through to the third (and final) season.

I love Damon Wayans Jr. on New Girl, and here he's given even more material to work with. He and Eliza Coupe are easily my favorites and they usually produce at least one laugh out loud moment every episode. They're so great together.

Casey Wilson and Adam Pally are also very funny. The weak links are Elisha Cuthbert and Zachary Knighton as the central couple. They both have a limited range and that range occupies the most basic sitcom humor, and even then it's very hit and miss.

That said, the show is exceptionally well written. Building gags and often providing huge payoffs to running jokes. It's so great.

Of course it was cancelled.

Monty

• Elite Member
  • "There is only one ball, so you need to have it."
    • TheMontyTweets
Re: Happy Endings
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 06:20:07 PM »
I've gotta say, when I saw a thread called "Happy Endings" and I was thinking of something completely different ;D But it's a TV Show, which I'm guessing is like Friends?  Cancelled!

This also asks the question. Which TV show did you like that was cancelled?

"And then it just becomes an industry of...cool."

philip918

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:25:35 PM »
I've gotta say, when I saw a thread called "Happy Endings" and I was thinking of something completely different ;D But it's a TV Show, which I'm guessing is like Friends?  Cancelled!

This also asks the question. Which TV show did you like that was cancelled?

Happy Endings is the title of the show. It aired for three seasons on ABC for three seasons before being cancelled in 2013.

The Deer Hunter

• Elite Member
  • My name is Jeff
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:26:25 AM »
The first season is pretty average. It's very cliched and stereotypical. The next two however are awesome. Still devo'd they cancelled it.