Author Topic: What are you playing? - 2016 Virtual Insanity Edition  (Read 36198 times)

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
Re: What are you playing? - 2016 Virtual Insanity Edition
« Reply #540 on: December 31, 2016, 12:55:26 AM »
Randomly decided to give MGSV another shot and boy am I falling in love with this game. It's a terrible MGS experience, but one of the best open worlds I've enjoyed in a while. Granted, this game suffers a lot with putting quantity over quality. But when the core gameplay loop is this satisfying, it's hard not to get lost playing this game for hours.

Solid Blake

• Godfather
« Reply #541 on: December 31, 2016, 11:19:59 AM »
Randomly decided to give MGSV another shot and boy am I falling in love with this game. It's a terrible MGS experience, but one of the best open worlds I've enjoyed in a while. Granted, this game suffers a lot with putting quantity over quality. But when the core gameplay loop is this satisfying, it's hard not to get lost playing this game for hours.

That's one of the best stealth games of all time, right there.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #542 on: December 31, 2016, 11:33:22 AM »
Eh, I don't see it as much of a stealth game. You can stealth, but you can just as well go all out killer on them and still get S ranks. I prefer the stealth, obviously, but there's very little penalty to not kill once you got your research labs full as I do right now.

Sam the Cinema Snob

• Objectively Awesome
« Reply #543 on: December 31, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »
Got about an hour into The Last Guardian and decided I wasn't enjoying it at all. The game is so arbitrary about when you are supposed to climb the birdcat and when you're supposed to climb the environment. And it's super unclear what stuff you can and can't climb. It's also just so damn simple and unengaging. I felt the same way about Ico, so take this opinion as you will based on how much you liked that game.

love